Here are some fun facts about the capture point gametype (whatever it's called):
- The first team to capture C usually wins
- Whichever team holds C at the end of the round wins that round
- The winner of the first round is guaranteed a win or a draw
- The loser of the first round is guaranteed a loss or a draw
- The last point DOES NOT need to be captured for the pushing team to win. Whoever has the most capture points wins.
- Because of this ^, defense of your point is pointless. Offense is the only way to win.
As such, there is a particular way players need to go about this gametype (until/unless they make the type best 2 of 3):
- Capture C immediately
- If you lose C, do not fall back to your base and defend. Push forward and recapture C.
- Once you have C, push the line back until you can reasonably defend C (IE push the line to the enemy base)
- Once you've pushed to the last objective, you can consider the round yours.
If you are a sniper, have an SMG in your inventory and switch to that for capturing C. Once you have C, get your rifle and keep the enemy pinned to their base. They will most likely have their own snipers camping in the next point.
If you are an assault or specialist, get on the point immediately with your shields and stagger your use of Aegis et al. Some of you should be continuing the line back as the point is captured to harass the enemy team and prevent them from getting to the base.
Things not to do:
- Camp. If you're going to camp, do it in the enemy's area
- Really, that's about it... If you camp you lose.
What if you're losing? What then?
- Push back as far as possible. As in the entire team pushes back.
- Most of the time the last objective opens with some 7-9 minutes remaining. This is how long you have to capture C.
- If you have snipers who are convinced that sniping is helpful, have them walking the line forward. Do not let them camp over the last objective. Have them in sight of the objective before C instead of defending the last one.
- NEVER LET THE ENEMY COME TO YOU!
The train station map (Metro?)
This map is a ***** for the downstairs team to push. If you want to take C, you need to be quick. Get the snipers off of the stairs or they can cover your entrance. On your right side is the open track area. Watch out for recons that like to cloak and run along there. As you attack, it's often advantageous to open along the track, hugging the left wall. Once you get to the end of the track, you can climb up with good cover and watch the stairs or flank behind the enemies on the ground level. If you're attacking directly, get to one of the pillars that is within the capture area and ensure that you have at least one man on the point. The rest should watch the stairs.
Once you're up the stairs, duck between the stands and things in the center of the hallway and move forward. The first man up the stairs should flank around to the other stairway and attack any remaining defenders from behind. At this cap, get to the far side of the point instead of the central ring. It can be dangerous to let an enemy on the outside of the ring, so hold them back from the cap. Snipers have the left/right sides with a lot of alcoves and such to hide in.
The last point is whatever. You've already won, but if you want to push all the way make sure that the snipers from ops spawn are removed by your own snipers from upstairs. The bathroom route is usually a kill-zone, and watch for enemies standing on the sink as you go around. Use the pillars as cover and get one or two guys on the cap.
Get down the stairs quick. Your snipers can hang back and cover the ops center entryway. Watch the open tracks on your left side. If you can, push all the way to the end of the room. On the left side is a metal plate you can hide behind op team has to jump over, and you can pick them off from there. A single shotgun can hold that entire side. The right side plate can be covered from the wall; just kill the enemy as they climb over. With the sides locked down, the only way in is the central hall which you should by now have covered with your snipers.
The second area should be attacked from the left side. The right side is narrow and can be a kill-zone. Use an Aegis to walk the line forward. Watch the two upstairs entry box things for people hiding in the corners, and watch the stairs.
The last area is again your victory. If you want it, just push forwards with shields and keep low.
That one other map whose name I don't remember
Take C! This area is mostly symmetrical and fairly balanced. Have some people flanking around from below harassing and attacking the enemy from behind to dislodge their snipers. If you are capturing the point, you can use the two stair bits before the bridge as a little cover and prone in there.
Construction yard team (the last area has construction and is a straight path):
Open into the second area with teams on the right and left-upstairs. The left side can drop down behind the enemy if they are repelling the right flank. Then move forward to the capture building and put people on the far side area (right side if you're looking towards their spawn). You can put a sniper in this area's upstairs bit and cover a good amount of space.
The last area is again trivial. If you really want it, putting people on the right side past the broken wall is a good idea. Get them there and send people along the left through the tanker trucks. Then rush the area en masse. It would be a good idea to put someone in the sniper building's upstairs, as there is only one way in. The left side hallway can also be defended as your allies cap the point.
Zig-zag team (the last area makes two turns and opens to the area with the big trucks):
Get forward and focus your snipers on the building to the back right. Snipers like to hide there and cover the entrances to the street. Attackers should use the cars as cover and move forward. It's a good idea to take the right side 'hallway' created by the flaming truck. Watch out there for people hiding on the other side of the immediate right concrete wall.
The last area is trivial. Just keep the enemy pinned to their spawn if you really want this area. To cap you need to hide in the little alcoves of the point.