Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XGZ - GRFS multiplayer Beta code competition (UK only) | Forums

AC Community Manager EscoBlades's Avatar

XGZ - GRFS multiplayer Beta code competition (UK only)

As title above. For those of you interested, visit the competition link here.

Instructions and rules are clearly detailed. Best of luck and looking forward to seeing some of you on the battlefield
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey, tried to enter the comp twice but my comments haven't appeared. I guess it either hasn't worked or the comments will take time to be posted? Cheers for the comp anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterrGlow View Post
    Hey, tried to enter the comp twice but my comments haven't appeared. I guess it either hasn't worked or the comments will take time to be posted? Cheers for the comp anyways.
    No problem. I've been through to approve all pending comments. It should be showing now.

Quote Originally Posted by EscoBlades View Post
    No problem. I've been through to approve all pending comments. It should be showing now.
    Yeah it is, cheers mate

*waves* HI Esco!

Ooo, a competition? Oh, it's in the UK. Nevermind.

Hey! I have a podcast! Check it out here: Pink and Deadly

Ubisoft Support

I am in

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Hi Esco, spoke to you last night on twitter, im (@Baz_L)

So i was waiting for your comp since you announced it a few days ago, then yesterday i was finally able to enter, heres what happened:

Firstly i read the rules and understood duplicate's would be void, I wrote out my comment for entry, along with my name, email, at this point i was not a registered user on XGZ, when i pressed ''add comment'' nothing happened! and my comment disappeared!

I waited over an hour and while a couple of other people's entry appeared whilst i was waiting, mine did not, but i didnt want to press ''add comment'' again incase of a duplicate entry.
    In the meantime i spoke to a friend, he said he had the same problem, so he registered and then his comment appeared immediatley but underneath it said ''awaiting moderation'' or something.

So i went back to XGZ and regged an account, at this point my first comment was still not showing, i proceeded to write my comment again, which i couldnt remember word for word but did my best!

As soon as i pressed ''add comment'' it did appear immediatley but said it was awaiting moderation. I then refreshed the page only to see my first comment had also appeared too, so i left an explanation apologising, it was at this point i tweeted you the following:

@EscoBlades Reg GRFS beta comp, posted x2 as thought 1st comment didnt go thru, pls can u del my 2nd comment? #sorry

You never replied, i waited another hour and kept checking to see if you had deleted my 2nd comment, which you hadn't. So i tweeted you again with the following:

@EscoBlades again, pls del my 2nd comment? innocent mistake honestly #GRFSBetaComp

You replied to me right away with this:

@Baz_L: I heard you the first time. Thanks.

So my point to all this is, why have an ignorant attitude to somebody who was trying to enter your comp? common courtesy costs nothing, somebody in your posistion should know that! not only that but i follow you on twitter too!

If you saw my first original tweet, then why didnt you reply either yes or no? you didnt even aknowledge my tweet, how was i supposed to know you ''heard me the first time'' ?

I think you needed to make it more clear on your comp entry page wether you needed to be registered or not! because nothing happens when you press ''add comment'' if your not regged!

As i said it was a genuine mistake, and just so you know, i think the way you conducted yourself was pretty lame, and you lost my respect.

I know i have no chance of winning the comp and im fine with that, but im not fine with people acting arrogant, just because your editor of a game site! thats how you seemed to me, correct me if im wrong but i've said what i wanted to say.

thanks and goodbye!
    Last edited by BazL79; 04-13-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BazL79 View Post
    Hi Esco, spoke to you last night on twitter, im (@Baz_L)

So i was waiting for your comp since you announced it a few days ago, then yesterday i was finally able to enter, heres what happened:

Firstly i read the rules and understood duplicate's would be void, I wrote out my comment for entry, along with my name, email, at this point i was not a registered user on XGZ, when i pressed ''add comment'' nothing happened! and my comment disappeared!

I waited over an hour and while a couple of other people's entry appeared whilst i was waiting, mine did not, but i didnt want to press ''add comment'' again incase of a duplicate entry.
    In the meantime i spoke to a friend, he said he had the same problem, so he registered and then his comment appeared immediatley but underneath it said ''awaiting moderation'' or something.

So i went back to XGZ and regged an account, at this point my first comment was still not showing, i proceeded to write my comment again, which i couldnt remember word for word but did my best!

As soon as i pressed ''add comment'' it did appear immediatley but said it was awaiting moderation. I then refreshed the page only to see my first comment had also appeared too, so i left an explanation apologising, it was at this point i tweeted you the following:

@EscoBlades Reg GRFS beta comp, posted x2 as thought 1st comment didnt go thru, pls can u del my 2nd comment? #sorry

You never replied, i waited another hour and kept checking to see if you had deleted my 2nd comment, which you hadn't. So i tweeted you again with the following:

@EscoBlades again, pls del my 2nd comment? innocent mistake honestly #GRFSBetaComp

You replied to me right away with this:

@Baz_L: I heard you the first time. Thanks.

So my point to all this is, why have an ignorant attitude to somebody who was trying to enter your comp? common courtesy costs nothing, somebody in your posistion should know that! not only that but i follow you on twitter too!

If you saw my first original tweet, then why didnt you reply either yes or no? you didnt even aknowledge my tweet, how was i supposed to know you ''heard me the first time'' ?

I think you needed to make it more clear on your comp entry page wether you needed to be registered or not! because nothing happens when you press ''add comment'' if your not regged!

As i said it was a genuine mistake, and just so you know, i think the way you conducted yourself was pretty lame, and you lost my respect.

I know i have no chance of winning the comp and im fine with that, but im not fine with people acting arrogant, just because your editor of a game site! thats how you seemed to me, correct me if im wrong but i've said what i wanted to say.

thanks and goodbye!
    My response to you was very matter of fact, as opposed to rude. When you tweeted me, i deleted the comment as you asked.

Also, and i quote from the competition rules:
    "Any duplicate entries will be marked void (comments from new users need to be approved first, so don’t panic if you don’t immediately see your entry, we’ll approve it to show asap)"

The comment section was added specifically to enable people comment on the site WITHOUT the need for registration.

So thanks for voicing your opinion. I'll be sure to delete your other entry, seeing as you are the only person who seems to have taken ofence, and refused to read the instructions properly. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilPixieGrrr View Post
    *waves* HI Esco!

Ooo, a competition? Oh, it's in the UK. Nevermind.
    Oh hai thurr! *hugs*
    Last edited by EscoBlades; 04-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EscoBlades View Post
    My response to you was very matter of fact, as opposed to rude. When you tweeted me, i deleted the comment as you asked.

Also, and i quote from the competition rules:
    "Any duplicate entries will be marked void (comments from new users need to be approved first, so don’t panic if you don’t immediately see your entry, we’ll approve it to show asap)"

The comment section was added specifically to enable people comment on the site WITHOUT the need for registration.

So thanks for voicing your opinion. I'll be sure to delete your other entry, seeing as you are the only person who seems to have taken ofence, and refused to read the instructions properly. Have a great day.
    Your response was matter of fact? that's laughable Esco, since you never replied and never deleted my comment, so those 2 are facts, not matter.

You'll be sure to del my other entry? why? because i just posted this in the forum? up until a few mins ago my other entry was still there undeleted!

And as i said, in my post above, or did you refuse to read that properly? i DID read the rules, but yet your telling me what i refuse to do? unbeleivable Esco, really.

Bottom line is, it's not my fault that your site doesnt function properly, all i said was maybe you should make it clearer that you dont have to be regged to enter.

No more needs to be said, i think we understand eachother.

And thanks, i will have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by BazL79 View Post
    Your response was matter of fact? that's laughable Esco, since you never replied and never deleted my comment, so those 2 are facts, not matter.

You'll be sure to del my other entry? why? because i just posted this in the forum? up until a few mins ago my other entry was still there undeleted!

And as i said, in my post above, or did you refuse to read that properly? i DID read the rules, but yet your telling me what i refuse to do? unbeleivable Esco, really.

Bottom line is, it's not my fault that your site doesnt function properly, all i said was maybe you should make it clearer that you dont have to be regged to enter.

No more needs to be said, i think we understand eachother.

And thanks, i will have a great day!
    LOL....the admin logs will clearly show my deleting your comment 5 minutes after receiving your tweet (something which i didn't need to do in the first place). You are more than welcome to take it up wih my EIC if you feel so hard done by. The rules were clear, so much so that you have been THE ONLY person to have not understood them properly. Everyone else was patient enough to allow me approve their comments and didn't double post.

And that's the end of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast