• sounds good

9 69.23%
  • go back posting pics, you piece of %^£#}<

4 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: civilians MP map?.. | Forums

Hybrid View

civilians MP map?..

I allready highlighted this in a thread, but i'm curious what everyone else thinks here, because of the good response..

How about a MP map were you are in a city under fire like enviroment, like Peshawar etc, were civillians are running around scared and bullets fly threw the sky at night ( warzone )..

If you hit a civillian you die..you can also try to grab a civilian to use as a shield, but that wil be tough because they are scared of you..and even more scared, when you shoot.(screeming)
    If you do grab one, the enemy has to use there scout to hit you in the face, or else he could hit the civilian and then he would die himself..You can also stun the civilian ( if you don't get shot by the handgun) and the one using the civilian as a shield, wil also go down without hurting the civilian..
    The civilian also can give away your position if you don't use enough stealth..

you better watch your fire, because there wil be a different point giving system here..a team that could have a lower kill count, could still win the game, because they killed less civilians..
    the civillian death count wil be next to your gamertag...this way the pressure is high to check your fire, or else you could let your whole team down.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

No, I would make it a certain game type. Where you get points for each enemy you kill, but for each civilian you kill, you lose points. Make a "scenario" game type where Americans have to secure hostages whilst Russians or whatever gave to keep the hostages for a certain amount of time.

o and it wil be hard to use a drone or goggles with all the people running around

@ DJ i just said that you lose points if you hit an civilian..

sounds good... that would be quite the challenge. sort of a Spy Vs Spy where if your not careful the civilians will give you away either staring at you or running away. it'd be a competetive game mode i'd actually be interested in playing. but i wouldn't say the player dies if you shoot a civvie, i think it should just deduct points of the offender or even the whole team

but how could it be implemented without just encouraging all the players to use the Recon class? they are after all the only class with optical camo and have the best weapons for this kind of role
    it does sound like it would be easy to abuse by having someone on the other team purposefully targeting civvies
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 04-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

wel then let the civillian killcount damage your own personal points two..you could loose your stripes..
    throwing grenades wil be stupid..the engineer can use the driving drone with the stungun option to not hurt civilians and everyone has optical camo..it's a completely different game..

that sounds better, each Civvie death affecting your persistant XP including knocking you back level if you drop that low

but I cannot really see all the classes being able to use the camo, it would completely blow the Rifleman/Engineer/Recon balance
    a game mode like this need pondering on a little bit more... but its an interesting idea and i hope someone from ubi actually passes the idea along
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 04-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

It sounds good but it would be hard to keep all the civilians synchronized online. Assassin's Creed was able to do it because there is a lot less to keep track of but in GRFS it'd probably end with a Ghost holding a civilian from 6 feet away. Heh Which may of also been why SC:C Face-off and multiplayer overall was limited to only two players. The whole "secure the hostages" has been a gametype before, extraction, and may be a lil possible. I think it'd be better simply in campaign or a co-op gametype than the multiplayer though. Ha and having Ghost grab civilians as cover seems highly unlikely in terms of moral and with all the piercing rounds. A counter-operative gametype would be pretty cool though. Missions where a few players play as the Ghosts while a few players play as the normal enemies but can spawn. Maybe the latter would be able to use civilians as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by many_feet View Post
    It sounds good but it would be hard to keep all the civilians synchronized online. Assassin's Creed was able to do it because there is a lot less to keep track of but in GRFS it'd probably end with a Ghost holding a civilian from 6 feet away. Heh Which may of also been why SC:C Face-off and multiplayer overall was limited to only two players. The whole "secure the hostages" has been a gametype before, extraction, and may be a lil possible. I think it'd be better simply in campaign or a co-op gametype than the multiplayer though. Ha and having Ghost grab civilians as cover seems highly unlikely in terms of moral and with all the piercing rounds. A counter-operative gametype would be pretty cool though. Missions where a few players play as the Ghosts while a few players play as the normal enemies but can spawn. Maybe the latter would be able to use civilians as cover.
    you can play coop with huge amounts of civilians, the competitive is 3x that amount of humans... probably wouldn't be too taxing to have SOME civi's around. At the very least making you contemplate not shooting when you see a non friendly. That's what I hate about military games(not really this one, but others) is that they all go for authenticity, and none of them have civilians.... where are people finding these uninhabited cities to fight in?

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.

I rarely post on here but this is a really good idea. Like others have said xp should be deducted for every civilian kill... and yes, with civilians running around it should confuse the drone. When I saw the E3 singleplayer gameplay I thought that would be great for a multiplayer mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast