Thread: So I'm just sitting there and . . . | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

So I'm just sitting there and . . .

So I'm sitting on the couch watching the Black Keys BBC Radio 1 concert and I noticed something about Gold on the Ceiling. It is not in drop D tuning. It even turns out to be easier to play in standard tuning too. I wonder why RS went and used drop D tuning.

edit: BTW, I just bought this two days ago and am lovin' every minute of it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The original recording may be but they may play it different in concert. I've seen Rush do that with Heart Full of Soul. They played an accustic version of it in a different key when playing live. Anyway, it's just a guess. But a possible answer.

You may be right, but I highly doubt it in this case. I've heard of changing arrangements based on the limitations of the acoustic guitar but that is not the case here. I checked out their Letterman performance too and found the same thing. I love the song but hate D tuning my guitar when it is not needed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster72 View Post
    You may be right, but I highly doubt it in this case. I've heard of changing arrangements based on the limitations of the acoustic guitar but that is not the case here. I checked out their Letterman performance too and found the same thing. I love the song but hate D tuning my guitar when it is not needed.
    Buy another guitar and keep it tuned to D. . .