Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Gearhead at your service | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by PandaThing View Post
    If the above is not possible, will there be multiplayer bots?
    Bot's would be pretty nice, even if to guarantee a full lobby for games, especially on the bigger maps. A bot can be kicked when/if a new player joins during a match and re-instated when/if a player leaves, always keeping the room full and exciting.

Or even for stress testing a map before publishing would be a good use for bots
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by FROGM4N View Post
    First off, I want to send you a 24 pack of Bud Light because of our awesomenss in my interactions with you.
    !
    Cheers mate!

You'll find answers for your questions included in the latest Q&A post!

Cheers again

Quote Originally Posted by steve133d View Post
    Dear Mr. UbiTim,

Could you please setup a Single player thread, similar to MSV-Gearhead's about multiplayer...

kinda like.... '' FC3 Single Player campaign - UbiTim at your service ''

Please.....
    And now we play the waiting game...

I don't think bots would work in a lot of situations - We have seen them in Quake Arena and the Unreal Games to name a few but with an Editor we can create so many crazy things which a human can adapt to but I believe that Bots would struggle in a lot of the Far Cry maps made by Users, I think it would be hard to implement unless we had say a square or circular area which a bot could control, if anything comes into this area than it would become active - but for a bot to chase a player down through water up ladders / ziplines, dropping from one ledge to another navigating down a custom made structure so that you can get to ground level - I think its too much to ask for a bot.
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=977913&type=sigpic&dateline=1408306127

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    gearhead, will vehicles be in the map editor (sorry for bugging you)?

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 View Post
    I don't think bots would work in a lot of situations - We have seen them in Quake Arena and the Unreal Games to name a few but with an Editor we can create so many crazy things which a human can adapt to but I believe that Bots would struggle in a lot of the Far Cry maps made by Users, I think it would be hard to implement unless we had say a square or circular area which a bot could control, if anything comes into this area than it would become active - but for a bot to chase a player down through water up ladders / ziplines, dropping from one ledge to another navigating down a custom made structure so that you can get to ground level - I think its too much to ask for a bot.
    I did think about that, but the AI does adapt to the singleplayer map in Far Cry 2 well enough does it not?

Maps (xbox): Freebooter, Reactor

Might see me here...

Yes the AI does in FC2 - But I don't think it would be as simple with Far Cry especially for us on Consoles.
    I think Razor got some AI Bots working with his FC2 MOD on PC he would know better - Maybe a game like timesplitters would be better suited, you could not control terrain on that game but didn't that have BOTS?

I think it would be easier on PC to do it if they had full development tools - Let Gearhead ask the Editor team the question because I am just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaThing View Post

Will there be an official community map playlist/ playlists with none of the progression differences (if there are any) of unranked private matches? If this option were to exist, will there be a system in place to make sure the best user maps are discovered and featured in this playlist?
    This one is kind of a biggie and pretty darn awesome.

Let me explain how our Tier system and Map Archive works:

User Made Maps can be accessed through three different Tiers, depending on the ratings of the map. The Tiers are basically playlists that chooses maps with specific ratings. When you publish a map, it will be placed in the Bronze Tier. As it gets played and players rate it, it moves to Silver Tier and eventually to the Gold Tier. Maps from the Gold Tier are the highest rated maps and they have a chance to be included into the official Playlists!

If you want to find a specific map you can use the Map Archive where you can browse through all uploaded maps and play them, either in a private or public match.

Pretty cool stuff peeps.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DapperHayden View Post
    gearhead, will vehicles be in the map editor (sorry for bugging you)?
    I don't think that question will ever go away until it is final and the game is on the shelf - The worrying part is that if the vehicles are actually fun and cool to drive in single player then it will at some point surface again and people will be saying If Only / Why didn't we get them.

It's a no win situation really for the developers - Imagine if they gave us an option to play them in Un-Ranked matches say then how long before it starts up with people shouting "I want my map in Ranked"

However I know that a large majority is hurting with the decision and with us getting the same area in the editor as Far Cry 2 that is a lot of ground to cover on foot if someone makes a large map - Only the long shooters would be hidden somewhere on a map like that - and those hoping to burn them out of their camping area with some barrels of fire (Team Support)

If there is a way for us to have vehicles it would be a bonus even if it is in a limited mode - But I think if it is final that it is not happening then so be it - that is their choice, but a way to keep the majority happy is always a choice worth considering even if it is against what you really want to do.

Hey GearHead, Im from sweden too lol : ).

I got a question for you. Will there be Animals or AI to place in a map using the map editor? That would be so awesome,
    Oh and just a reminder... Vehicles is must in the map editor atleast lol :P.

Please answer im curious what you have to say.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast