Hi, Gearhead. I am a very experienced Far Cry 2 player, and I had some concerns with the multiplayer. Along with the majority of people on this forum, I feel that vehicles are a must in multiplayer. Not every map, even Far Cry 2 didn't have them in every map, but there needs to be vehicles for at least half the maps. The video for the Far Cry 3 multiplayer also seemed too clustered. The players need to spread out more, or kills will get stolen and all that matters is who gets the most kills, especially in tdm. Will Capture the Diamond return? or capture something? Also are there going to be ammo piles like there were in Far Cry 2? There should be, along with explosive barrels, propane tanks, etc. I think there were sme positive things in the video, but it does seem as if the game is call-of-duty-like. It should not be that way. That s why my main issue is the vehicles, with them, the game cannot be compared to COD, even if there are other similarities. Thanks!
hello , its always nice to have a new comer to the forum , especially when its a comdev !
I just have one question !
WILL THERE BE VEHICLES IN UNRANKED MULTIPLAYER MATCHES/PLAYER MATCHES/MAP-EDTOR ?
Howdey there Gearhead, nice to meet ypur acquaintance. Hows the weather over there? Good for pilaging I hope.
All I ask for in multiplayer is, of course, vehicles. I will also ask if there will be prone? Thats about all I am concearned about, I trust you all to make this a great game.
Hello, nice to meet you Gearhead.
I have no questions since MP is not my cup of tea, just come here to say hello to you.
Are you Swede ?
Let's see what we got here.
We seem to have news filtering around that the map editor grid will be a lot smaller (or maybe we are thinking this because some interviews and previews are saying maps are smaller in size).
(A) - Maps are the same size as FC2, 512x512 meters.
1.Will we be forced into using your templates which we then make into our own maps (as an example what they do in Forge) or can we manipulate terrain and start with a blank canvas in the editor like FC2?
(A) - Same as FC2, we will have both options of starting from a blank canvas, and running a wilderness generator template.
2. Do consoles have any form lighting in the editor to add into our maps?
(A) - We cannot confirm this yet, but we are actively looking into it, and it’s looking promising that we will have lighting options on consoles. They may be expensive on your map budget however.
3. So far I have not seen ladders, are they included and if so are they better than the ones in FC2 because on those you had to press the interact ****on and could not jump off to other platforms / ledges.
(A) - There should be ladders included, but we have not investigated enough yet to see if they behave better than in FC2.
4. If I were to design a user made map in the form of a DOOM style corridoor map (all enclosed) there would be no way to drop the psych gas or the fire barrels into the play area - Would this be an issue if I wanted to create something like that, it would still play wouldn't it?
(A) - It will still play, but the support weapons will most likely not work. This is not a game breaker however.
5. The horrible see through and invisible pieces in the editor from FC2 (when you look underneath them) have you done anything with those or are items the same in FC3?
(A) - Unfortunately we still have some of those. Modeling is done primarily for the game needs, and for many reasons including performance, geometry is omitted when it is not expected to be seen through a certain angle. However, I think we don’t have as many as in FC2, but I’m not sure. But we do have a LOT more objects.
6. OCC (Occlusion) Blocks are these still needed in the editor?
(A) - Nope, our new and improved Dunia engine is able to figure it out by itself. Enjoy!
7. The draw distance with a lot of objects in FC2 was poor on consoles (I can't speak for the PC version) yet things like colonial fences and the concrete blocks had a good draw distance, IMO it was awful moving and seeing creations appear and disappear because of the render rate / draw distance.
(A) - I am not sure how different from FC2 LOD issues are going to be, it may be a bit better, but there is still definitely going to be some. We also have a LOT of objects and they’re unfortunately not all setup perfectly. We prefer giving as much unfiltered content as possible so people can find the hidden gems of our asset library.
8. I imagine that the PC Editor will have so much more than the one on consoles so speaking for PS3 and 360 would it be possible for you to get a top map from one platform working on the other or is it not currently possible.
(A) - Unfortunately there are still many issues surrounding cross-platform sharing. This will not be possible on FC3.
9. Is the multiplayer and editor upgradable to take DLC - (will you guys be making more maps and giving us new items and terrain paint n stuff for the editor because I think the majority would want that).
10. No One seems to know what is going on with these Pre Order special bundles, So far they say Lost Expeditions - Predator and Warrior pack, they all have different stuff, can you say if there will be a version that will have everything or a way to get everything as DLC if someone was willing to pay for it?
(A) - We cannot comment on question 9 & 10 at the moment.
11. The map rating system that you speak of - Far CRy can be a jealous game at times unfortunately and some people can often rate a very good map with a poor score on purpose, how would you guys stop this from happening, I don't think there is an answer.
(A) - We hope the majority of people will give reliable ratings to dampen the minority that will grief, but obviously we cannot change human nature.
12. Are you aware of the Escape & Course maps that some players have been making throughout the Far Cry games, basically like a Get To The End or Escape the complex type map where the idea is not to kill but to go through a sequence of puzzles / jumps and navigate through a course until you reach the end - These have been popular for a long time, some love thema nd others harte them, What are your opinions?
(A) - I must admit I have not seen any of these, the FC map community always keeps surprising me. It does sound interesting. I think there are a lot of different purposes behind map making, whether it be for a game mode, artistic creation, alternative gameplays, messing around, etc. I hope we will be able to better categorize these different needs in the future so that people can find the type of content they’re looking for, while remaining flexible enough for all the creativity that springs up.
13. Someone from Massive mentioned forums and again in an online preview it was mentioned that there might be some form of social networking with the editor, Is this similar to Halo Forge where maps can be queued online and then downloaded when you start the game, (what is the system you are going with for Map Uploads / Downloads)
(A) - We have big plans for the website and community and these include extending some features connected to the editor to the web. More details will come later!
14. Does the time of day change and weather conditions while a match is playing in multiplayer or can it be locked to stay the same?
(A) - Same as in FC2, the time of day is decided by the map maker, and it stays locked when the map is being played.
15. Is there any form of COOP in the map editor where more than 1 person can edit a map?
(A) - If you’re referring to when multiple players edits a map simultaneously, then the answer is no.
16. Will we get to place ziplines in a user made map?
(A) - We are still looking into this!
17. The Tattoo Editor - Can we only tattoo the arms or can we go crazy and do something from the movie The Hangover (like Mike Tyson) can we also tattoo the face?
For anyone that has not yet read there will be a tattoo editor in the game which has small designs that can be joined up to create your own mauri styled designs for your character.
(A) - The tattoo editor will allow you to create and add/remove tattoos from your characters arms.
18. Any other form of player customization? (I notice in some pictures that players have satchels / ammo belts accross their chest and backpacks)
(A) - You will be able to customize your weapons, weapon attachments, skills, battle cries, support weapons and tattoos.
Nice to meet you to hamboarger.
Originally Posted by hamboarger
I'm a Swede, don't let anyone convince you otherwise!
Patience is a virtue my dear Flashify!
Originally Posted by Flashify
Nice to meet you to!
Originally Posted by Fireseed
And thank you for those kind words
Hi there DapperHayden,
Originally Posted by DapperHayden
Sure I can, the answer to your question is...