Thread: FC3 Multiplayer - MSV-Gearhead at your service | Forums

Originally Posted by l3reast Go to original post
    The game mode on the video seems fun for its time. Farcry 2 for PS3 has way better graphics . The weapon placement is Hilarious! Ha! Ha! Ha! The guy talking is very annoying. Farcry 2 is more competitive and tactical . The game in this video is well..... very noobish. I understand now why you guys that play FarCry Instincts Predator and mostly dislike FarCry 2 .The ranking system and weapon class is just to difficult for you guys to handle . I can see why some gamers like the fact that Massive ripped off Call Of Duty and others. All those perks make FarCry 3 simple and easy to play. Reminds me of the video I just saw . Now we should get back on topic for this thread. This is not a Xbox FarCry Instincts Predator meeting ground. I do believe that Gearhead wanted our thoughts and opinions about FarCry 3 . Not a Farcry Instincts Predator Pow Wow!

Unfortunately for you, we feel it is important for massive to understand the legacy they are inheriting. Only one xbox other game can say that they have had a fanbase since 2005.

Now to your post:
    I don't understand how a game mode can age. TDM has been around since the original Quake.
    What does FC2 on PS3 having better graphics have to do with anything?
    What is wrong with weapon placement? I understand you have no concept of this but weapon placement can be a useful tool. Halo uses.... oh wait nevermind saw the PS3 part.
    The announcer is an old school throwback. The satisfaction of him yelling "endless killing" is something you have, unfortunately, missed out on.
    You would not know anything about Far Cry 2 being competitive, you are a PS3 player. I'm not trying to tar all of you with the same brush, but I've played your best and they were average. Feel free to check my youtube or any Exp or oSo videos. See if you have anything that compares. FCIP takes more skill and map knowledge, FC2 is more tactical though. Your argument that FCIP players are noobs in comparision to FC2 is a fallacy. oSo was the best team on both FCIP and FC2.
    FCIP is the anti-noob game. The standard maps and nuances were not exactly streamlined for new players and it took roughly a year to get really good. Even then you would be lucky to kill anyone who was considered a top 10 player. FC2 on the other did take that long to become really good. In fact there are a lot more really good player in FC2 than FCIP. However, the elite in FC2, although smaller would still dominate the really good players. Harder to be good at FCIP than it was to be good at FC2.
    As for your tremendously witty remark about everyone liking the game because they are noobs, stones in a glass house.
    Ranking system and Classes are actually less difficult, we have already gone over this, did you not read my previous posts?
    Massive have not ripped off Call of Duty anymore than Call of duty ripped off Rainbow six who ripped off Counter strike who ripped off unreal tournament who ripped off quake.
    Perks would add more complexity to the far cry series. Obviously I'd prefer it in better way but I'll take what I can get.

For someone so concerned about the derailment of a thread, you sure know how to take if off topic with ad hominem attacks. As well, Gearhead has already stated that we should keep up the discussion as it not only provides valuable feedback but also gives the devs a pulse on their community before they release a game. Think about it, Fallen Champ is representing the biggest far cry fansite. Kswoosh and I represent a competitive community that has existed since before MLG, yes there are still original Far Cry PC players that play this game. We're both small voices of a large community. So yes, we'll have our pow wow where we want to.

if you have anything futher to add about what I have said you, please make a topic in the Far Cry 2 forum or send me a private message.

I apologise to everyone else if it appears I'm antagonising Breast, I'm merely trying to set things straight.

l3reast's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Mintage53 Go to original post
    Unfortunately for you, we feel it is important for massive to understand the legacy they are inheriting. Only one xbox other game can say that they have had a fanbase since 2005.

Now to your post:
    I don't understand how a game mode can age. TDM has been around since the original Quake.
    What does FC2 on PS3 having better graphics have to do with anything?
    What is wrong with weapon placement? I understand you have no concept of this but weapon placement can be a useful tool. Halo uses.... oh wait nevermind saw the PS3 part.
    The announcer is an old school throwback. The satisfaction of him yelling "endless killing" is something you have, unfortunately, missed out on.
    You would not know anything about Far Cry 2 being competitive, you are a PS3 player. I'm not trying to tar all of you with the same brush, but I've played your best and they were average. Feel free to check my youtube or any Exp or oSo videos. See if you have anything that compares. FCIP takes more skill and map knowledge, FC2 is more tactical though. Your argument that FCIP players are noobs in comparision to FC2 is a fallacy. oSo was the best team on both FCIP and FC2.
    FCIP is the anti-noob game. The standard maps and nuances were not exactly streamlined for new players and it took roughly a year to get really good. Even then you would be lucky to kill anyone who was considered a top 10 player. FC2 on the other did take that long to become really good. In fact there are a lot more really good player in FC2 than FCIP. However, the elite in FC2, although smaller would still dominate the really good players. Harder to be good at FCIP than it was to be good at FC2.
    As for your tremendously witty remark about everyone liking the game because they are noobs, stones in a glass house.
    Ranking system and Classes are actually less difficult, we have already gone over this, did you not read my previous posts?
    Massive have not ripped off Call of Duty anymore than Call of duty ripped off Rainbow six who ripped off Counter strike who ripped off unreal tournament who ripped off quake.
    Perks would add more complexity to the far cry series. Obviously I'd prefer it in better way but I'll take what I can get.

For someone so concerned about the derailment of a thread, you sure know how to take if off topic with ad hominem attacks. As well, Gearhead has already stated that we should keep up the discussion as it not only provides valuable feedback but also gives the devs a pulse on their community before they release a game. Think about it, Fallen Champ is representing the biggest far cry fansite. Kswoosh and I represent a competitive community that has existed since before MLG, yes there are still original Far Cry PC players that play this game. We're both small voices of a large community. So yes, we'll have our pow wow where we want to.

if you have anything futher to add about what I have said you, please make a topic in the Far Cry 2 forum or send me a private message.

I apologise to everyone else if it appears I'm antagonising Breast, I'm merely trying to set things straight.
    First of the graphics of FarCry 2 are far more superior to the graphics of FarCry Instincts Predator. In FarCry 2 you can aim and actually see down the sight . A halfway did feature for Xbox! FarCry 2 Environmental changes Objects acting towards the weather. The trees swaying, and time of day changes . FarCry Instincts Predator has dull and boring graphics. You don't " Earn " anything by having Weapon Placement other than the label of being a Noob. As far as you implying Im not competitive in FarCry 2. I am ranked 28 , and I am #37 in the world . I did it in 500 hours or so give or take . I went from a rank 1 Noob to rank 28 Killer in 1 year and 4 months . I never quit matches and I never boosted a single stat . I will reach rank 30 before FarCry 3 releases . Don't questioned my gameplay. I "Earned " every kill myself. Yes I understand you guys with Xbox had it exclusively , but they turned around and improved it with FarCry 2 and released it for PS3 as well. PSN members have just as much right to their opinion. Don't tell me to go post in the FarCry 2 Thread. My opinions have a right to be on this Thread . I am not the one in a group throwing up videos on here about FCIP having a good ole Xbox Reunion . I expressed my thoughts and opinions to Gearhead from my very first post on here. Sorry if I crashed your party . I see alot you going on about FCIP and not talking about your thoughts or opinions on the Multiplayer for Farcry 3 .

Originally Posted by FALLEN CHAMP Go to original post
    The game mode was called Steal The Sample, it works in the same way as Capture The Diamond from FC2 which is basically CTF, a game mode that comes with most FPS Multiplayer games nowadays, however there are some slight differences.In STS mode you could pick up the sample without having to press any key on the controller, where as on FC2 we have a prompt to pick up the diamond.Also we could throw the Sample which was extremely useful in some situations, imagine a player is below you and you are on a high up building or reverse the situation where someone in your team is above but it would take you time to climb a ladder and you are currently under fire - throwing the sample to another player it would auto attach to them - it was quick and simple to do and kept the team flowing.Also some weapons could not be used when carrying the sample, if you had the power weapons these would not work so when becoming a carrier you need to know that you can defend yourself when carrying the sample and the right weapons - I thought I would add that as I was unsure if you had played Instincts / Evolution or Predator before ?Speaking for myself and not for others my reason why I preferred FCIP was because it had a quicker pace and because the vehicles were fun and fast to drive, Nowadays not many people play that game at all although it does have some die hards that play every week, I adapted to Far Cry 2 and play that game - the way the player turns / movement is certainly not the best but I got used to it.With Far Cry 3 we have new challenges ahead with the changes they are implementing, I believe that Far Cry 3 will be better than the previous games in the series over all platforms and I am looking forward to it. Hopefully everyone that liked the previous games will like FC3.
    I never got to play FCIP unfortunatly but throwing the object sounds great, definatley somthig that sets it apart from other iterations....

So if we had this mode in Far cry 3 should it be Capture the treasure? I just imagine some old temple ruins with traps like in Indiana jones or somthing aswell as fighting off the other team.... Could cause some hilarity especially if you put a foot wrong on the way to trying to get the treasures i.e. wrong way and right ways to get it and avoid traps in the crumbling temple ruins

Watch out for those traps and that big stone ball!!

Could be quite chaotic but funny too

Originally Posted by l3reast Go to original post
    First of the graphics of FarCry 2 are far more superior to the graphics of FarCry Instincts Predator. In FarCry 2 you can aim and actually see down the sight . A halfway did feature for Xbox! FarCry 2 Environmental changes Objects acting towards the weather. The trees swaying, and time of day changes . FarCry Instincts Predator has dull and boring graphics. You don't " Earn " anything by having Weapon Placement other than the label of being a Noob. As far as you implying Im not competitive in FarCry 2. I am ranked 28 , and I am #37 in the world . I did it in 500 hours or so give or take . I went from a rank 1 Noob to rank 28 Killer in 1 year and 4 months . I never quit matches and I never boosted a single stat . I will reach rank 30 before FarCry 3 releases . Don't questioned my gameplay. I "Earned " every kill myself. Yes I understand you guys with Xbox had it exclusively , but they turned around and improved it with FarCry 2 and released it for PS3 as well. PSN members have just as much right to their opinion. Don't tell me to go post in the FarCry 2 Thread. My opinions have a right to be on this Thread . I am not the one in a group throwing up videos on here about FCIP having a good ole Xbox Reunion . I expressed my thoughts and opinions to Gearhead from my very first post on here. Sorry if I crashed your party . I see alot you going on about FCIP and not talking about your thoughts or opinions on the Multiplayer for Farcry 3 .
    oh you so bit.

FCIP was a port of an 2004 PC game. Weapon placement requires more skill than classes for the reasons previously provided in this thread.

I will question you, your rank 28 would not be in the top 400 on xbox. Rank also does not mean anything. The best player in far cry is a rank 21. I'm a rank 23. I have played 100s of competitive matches against the best competition in this game. I do not even like playing with noobs unless they engage me in some way. My youtube channel, mintage53, speaks for itself. So yes, I will question you and if you played me or anyone like me, you'd question yourself.

I never said PSN members didn;t have a right to their opinion. Maybe there is something wrong with your reading comprehension. I told you if your going to get into a pissing match, to go to that forum. I have brought up numerous opinions on FC3 multiplayer, especially on how things should be balanced in my opinion.

If at any point you had wanted to actually dispute something I had placed in a previous post, then I would have discussed it with you. Instead you go on the whole i'm persecuted, i'm a victim, look at me stand up to the man.

I will not be responding to you in this thread again. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to use the private message or we can go have our own pow wow on the far cry 2 board.

I like the treasure hunter idea. To make it better we could have traps back, new and improved traps. There could be spike pits, trip wire, claymores, leg snares, swinging logs, and the spiked branch of course. I made some predator maps on FCI that were very much inspired by Indiana Jones. One was called Egypt Tomb, the mercenaries would start above ground and they had to venture through the sandy tomb to get to the generator, it got quite intense, there were many blood curling screams during predator attacks. The other one was the same idea just with a Myan theme, you had to drive through swamps, climb a dangerous mountain, then enter the tomb. Traps and ambushes were awesome. So hopefully we get all these goodies in the next installment.

Originally Posted by The3PointBuck Go to original post
    I like the treasure hunter idea. To make it better we could have traps back, new and improved traps. There could be spike pits, trip wire, claymores, leg snares, swinging logs, and the spiked branch of course. I made some predator maps on FCI that were very much inspired by Indiana Jones. One was called Egypt Tomb, the mercenaries would start above ground and they had to venture through the sandy tomb to get to the generator, it got quite intense, there were many blood curling screams during predator attacks. The other one was the same idea just with a Myan theme, you had to drive through swamps, climb a dangerous mountain, then enter the tomb. Traps and ambushes were awesome. So hopefully we get all these goodies in the next installment.
    Thanks for liking the idea and great list of traps you have there.... You got the idea then

I think it has potential one treasure 2 teams 2 camps / bases for each team to get the treasure back to.... If a team gets treasure back to base should the other team be able to steal it?

Perhaps treasure can be hidden in a number of places back at baseand would require unlocking say a chest or cage or box... This would make it more tricky to steal from the other team and have to guard the base too

of course the only way to steal treasure from the other team and geg it back to base would be through the trap infested temple ruins

I like that too. So both teams must horde as much treasure as possible. And once all of it is captured by one team or whoever has the most once time ends is the victor. Teams could completely saturate their stashed treasure with traps for defense. There could possibly be AI that defends the loot from both teams, like tribal warriors with blowguns and lots of tigers. This mode fits perfeclty with the games theme!

yeah time limit to the game whoever hoards the most treasure wins you can steal from an enemy or from there base too or find it for yourself in the temple.

Yes set traps to protect treasure at your camp (spawn) sounds good too. But generic traps in the temple

Might work well... The ability to throw the treasure on to your team mates would be good too

Have the pre set traps somehow alter the map as they are set off, like blocking pathways, opening up new pathways, or even have them start to destroy the place (like a fire that consumes everything or the ceiling collapsing). That may encourage teamwork by forcing players to think about how they are navigating, plus it would get frantic.

Originally Posted by The3PointBuck Go to original post
    Have the pre set traps somehow alter the map as they are set off, like blocking pathways, opening up new pathways, or even have them start to destroy the place (like a fire that consumes everything or the ceiling collapsing). That may encourage teamwork by forcing players to think about how they are navigating, plus it would get frantic.
    great ideas man not the best film ever but like AVP 1 the temple reconfigures itself every 2 minutes or somthing

you could get away with one map alone for the mode to ship with game then people could create there own after that.....As it would need to be a speciality map for that mode on it's own I think... I am sure a level designer would have alot of fun with this.... I bet they would even do it in there spare time somthing that fun to create

treasure hunter might be a better name