Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you find the songs to be accurately charted in RS? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Do you find the songs to be accurately charted in RS?

It seems to me that some songs are more accurately and completely tabbed/charted than others. Not sure of the process. Presumably Ubi acquires the rights to a song and then perhaps a group of Ubi employed musicians tab/chart it. Not sure about that. Presumably the charting for songs can be revised through a patch if they are found to be deficient.

Anyway, are you satisfied with the charting? I find parts of songs under charted. They seem reasonably accurate, just a little incomplete.

What are your views? Are you generally happy with the charting or not? Do you find some songs a lot better or worse than others? What about the different arrangements?
    Last edited by mtnbkr123; 04-11-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I think for the most part they are charted pretty good. I have not played most of the songs on RS on the guitar before playing RS, but some do seem a little under charted. I have played Don't Fear the Reaper for many years, and I was really happy to know that I had picked up that song by ear and have been playing it 90% accurate throughout the years.

I think that charted a song and putting it into tab is tedious hard work and I think that every musician that hears a song will interpret it differently, music is so broad and the possibilities are endless. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Guitar playing is both extremely easy for me and extremely difficult for me at the same time.

Kirk Hammett

I noticed the same thing. I have a song book for Queens of the Stoneage, and there are slight variations with Go with the Flow. For example, instead of the E power chord, my book uses an open E chord. It is subtle, but a difference none the less. It is certainly justifiable in my opinion, since this song is considered one of the starter songs. It doesn't necessarily means it's not played that way on the original recording. I've heard that Keith Richards plays the riff in Satisfaction differently in each verse on the recording. Try tabbing that one out.

Accurate enough. Not much different than any other tab I've used. There are always variations, opinions, and mistakes. So, yeah, I'm satisfied.

As I posted in a similar thread, to me, there are parts of Jeremy combo 1 that sound horrible. There is no way in my view that McCready or Gossard (or Vedder) actually play parts of that combo. Not on the CD, in any of their 10,000 concerts to date or even jamming in their basement. Parts sound waaaaay off to me. Way off. I was convinced I was reading it wrong but I don't think I am.

That said, the rest of the charting sounds pretty cool and is fun to play, so whatever. It's all good.

There are a few charts that have mistakes and some aren't correct but that could be due to contractual reasons also, some musicians don't release the scores of their songs but allow other sources to release it as long as it's not 100% accurate. But for the most part Rocksmith gets you in the ball park and that's what counts. These charts are much better than Rockband 3 pro charts by a mile though.

To me the RS charts sound dumbed down. If you listen to the backing tracks, there is often much more going on guitarwise. If you look at a tab for a song in RS, you also usually see that the tab is much more complicated. But it is what it is.
    Not any longer on PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by RocqueFloyd View Post
    To me the RS charts sound dumbed down. If you listen to the backing tracks, there is often much more going on guitarwise. If you look at a tab for a song in RS, you also usually see that the tab is much more complicated. But it is what it is.
    I think I'd be a little disappointed if they really dumbed them down as it's living a lie somewhat but that said, if it sounds pretty much like the song then I'm happy enough.
    Last edited by KinchBlade; 04-13-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: voodoo
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

Quote Originally Posted by RocqueFloyd View Post
    I think it's inevitable that Rocksmith is going to be "dumbed" down. It's quite common that bands will use more parts than they have players. Look at classic Gun's & Roses for example, Slash would record himself on the left playing a unique part, Izzy on the right playing again - a unique part, and again Slash over both stereo channels with yet another unique part.

Now if we were only interested in the Slash part, which part do we get? Is that part inclusive of the other and to what extent? Would exclusion of the second Slash part and Izzy part incite riot among the purists?

My worry is that we'll see more and more songs that while guitar may be present from bars 2 on, RS may decide to not introduce it until bar 6. Or, after a solo RS may not reintroduce your part until several bars after, all the while it's obvious your part has a voice. There's a few songs like this currently, and I hope to see less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarNub View Post
    ...Would exclusion of the second Slash part and Izzy part incite riot among the purists?
    LOL! True enough though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast