Thread: Guitar Rig 5 | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Guitar Rig 5

So I went over to a friend's house and decided to plug into Guitar Rig 5 and check it out. First thing I tried to do was have Nirvana's In Bloom playing through Media Player while I used the "Kurt In Bloom" preset in Guitar Rig and I also had it save out to a file.

Man did I sound like crapola! But, on the bright side, even though this experiment showed me my short comings in detail, they were mostly things like "not letting the sounds ring out long enough," or "pressing too hard in the middle of frets instead of lightly next to the fret," you know that "sour" sound you get side by side with a song and it just doesn't sound right. Also, bends were sour, and picking was meh.

Besides that, Guitar Rig is a real piece of work. With the ASIO4ALL driver the Rocksmith Tone Cable works perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Cool. TH2 is supposed to be a bit better than Guitar Rig, but both are supposed to be good.
    I've been meaning to try it with the RS cable.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin222 View Post
    Cool. TH2 is supposed to be a bit better than Guitar Rig, but both are supposed to be good.
    I've been meaning to try it with the RS cable.
    Overloud TH 2 is a great program,as is Guitar rig.I've been using Guitar Rig 4 and have only tried a Demo of GR5,I got an email from Native Instruments with an upgrade(?) offer last week.It all depends how you like the interface laid out,Guitar Rig is vertical like a rack,and TH 2 is a linear chain from right to left.I wouldn't take any presets seriously,you need to make them from scratch.Peavey Revalver lets you build your own circuits,you can stack 12ax7s and a 12au7 and a gz34 rectifier.