Thread: Far Cry 2 Mouse Issues (2 seperate, but overlapping issues) | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 2 Mouse Issues (2 seperate, but overlapping issues)

OK, So I'm suffering from the well known mouse lag in Direct X 10 issue which apparently has never been fixed and really does make the game unplayable, so I find that people are reporting that switching to Direct X 9 can get rid of it with little trade off in quality. "Great" I thought to myself, I'll switch to DX9 and play away. So I switch and what to you know, a completely separate mouse issue that also makes the game unplayable (For those keeping score that's Game Unplayable - 2, Game Playable - 0). Now in Direct X 9 I have the Far Cry 2 cursor on the screen, which in the menu moves painfully slow, and the windows mouse cursor which moves at the speed it should but can't click anything. In game the problem persists and can often lead to clicking out of full screen mode among other things (the obvious windows cursor on the screen being one of them).

Does anyone know a workaround to either of these issues so I can actually play the game? Or have I wasted my money on an unusable product?

Thanks,
    E
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Doomofman View Post
    OK, So I'm suffering from the well known mouse lag in Direct X 10 issue which apparently has never been fixed and really does make the game unplayable, so I find that people are reporting that switching to Direct X 9 can get rid of it with little trade off in quality. "Great" I thought to myself, I'll switch to DX9 and play away. So I switch and what to you know, a completely separate mouse issue that also makes the game unplayable (For those keeping score that's Game Unplayable - 2, Game Playable - 0). Now in Direct X 9 I have the Far Cry 2 cursor on the screen, which in the menu moves painfully slow, and the windows mouse cursor which moves at the speed it should but can't click anything. In game the problem persists and can often lead to clicking out of full screen mode among other things (the obvious windows cursor on the screen being one of them).

Does anyone know a workaround to either of these issues so I can actually play the game? Or have I wasted my money on an unusable product?

Thanks,
    E
    Chances are, your PC spec is very poor.
    Do this as a TEST... change your resolution to minimum then test the mouse motion. Make sure you're not on windows mode. If the mouse motion behaves better then your video card is too cheap to run FC2. If your mouse motion remains the same, try single player to make sure the mouse motion is not from network lag.

My PC spec is fine... The game runs on Very High perfectly apart from the mouse lag... Changing the resolution did nothing, the mouse still drags much slower then the it's actually moved. I am playing single player all the time so it's not network lag. I know I'm not the only person who has had this issue, it just seems I'm one of very few that has the weird double cursor problem when they switch to dx9 to try and correct it

oh sorry to hear ! i hope you'll get it resolved. Good luck

i have the some problem with the slow cursor :/