Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post from Heroes Community | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Post from Heroes Community

Wow, I just read this from HC.: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthrea...9&pagenumber=8

"I worked for Black Hole during the whole H6 development. And I can tell you it was the UBI producers who didn't keep their deadlines, and that was what led to a total failure of the whole development. Back in 2008, during the contract negotiation process, UBI business decision makers didn't want to hear about making it into the contract that in case of any UBI delays there would be any penalty for UBI. This was a stupid decision of a business development boss called Virginie Gringarten (she said "UBI would never be late with any deliverables".... HAHAHA). And that led to an awkward situation where the whole development got snowed up... but the UBI producers, Erwan le Breton and Romain de Waubert kept telling Black Hole that "no worries, guys, there would be more time and budget, just do what we say". It was then that one faction (Academy) had been removed from the content list, as well as many other things. And then, at half of the development, Romain suddenly quit, Erwan was removed from the project (he was "elevated" to the position of Might and Magic Brand Director, which meant his direct involvement in the development was over), and BH was left there with the blame. Just an example, the final story script - which was UBI responsibility - was delivered to BH after 27 months... while originally there was 24 months for the whole development. Ridiculous.

As for BH commitment, BH used up all its 6 months reserves just to be able to finish the project... this was more than 1 million Euros!!! And they (we) did this knowing it would never be payed back, as royalty would only be paid after 2M Heroes sold (at full price). We all knew 2M copies would never be sold (neither at full price nor at reduced price), still we wanted to finish the project.

Some examples of what BH added to the game at their own cost, just to make the game better:
    - Town screen (we hate the current version, but it is still better then the "let's make a screen shot from the adventure map 3D town and use it as a town screen" that UBI wanted - we could have have made a much better one, but didn't have money and time).
    - Additional ingame cutscenes (I know cutscenes are not great, but again, we received the story after 27 months... we only had a couple months to make the cutscenes from scratch, and a very limited budget).
    - 300 unique Combat Maps (there were 20 in the contract)
    - 3D animated Main Menu (UBI wanted a simple still image)
    - Additional NPCs
    - Campaign Overview Map (Campaign Window)
    - and many more........

And what were the UBI decisions:
    - Less resources
    - No fullscreen town screens
    - Only five factions (as a consequence of the continuous delays of UBI deliverables)
    - Creature pool
    - and many more such "great" changes.........

This project cost Black Hole its existence... while UBI is making profit on Heroes 6.

And just some more thoughts: UBI EMEA were working with four 3rd party developers during the Heroes development:
    - Capibara - They made the really good (and financially successful) Clash of Heroes. The are not working with UBI anymore.
    - Eugene Systems - They made R.U.S.E. They are not working with UBI anymore.
    - Black Hole - They made Heroes 6. They are not working with UBI anymore.
    - Techland - They made a 47% game for UBI (Call of Juarez: The Cartel - http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ca...rez-the-cartel) - They are still working with UBI EMEA on a big project.
    We heard the UBI guys blame those developers (and Nival) many times... I guess BH was blamed the same way to those developers.

It is always the developer who is responsible...

Just some food for thought.... Thanks guys for reading. "

Well, I'm more concerned than before if it was actually BH who was pushing for a better product, after all. And I don't doubt so.

And nice to see how important the game was to Ubi during the whole process. Not a good prospect... sigh.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

^^
    boom!!!
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. – Robert Pirsig

I quite suspecet already that things went according to how it is in the qoute of the "misterious insider". I think we may agree that hiding this post is not an option any more, because it is there on several forums, and everybody already read it. Furthermore there have been already lots of other leaks and news hinting on BH's underfundment and the pace of patching clearly hinted on lack of meaningful development which is consistent with the quote . One thing suprised me, however, that the deadlines were missed by UBI and not by the developers, because usually it happens the other way around. So at this point it is time for UBI to defend his position, because if they will continue to harm development with unpredictable delays then no amount of new developers will help. I take the post with a grain of salt ofcourse if UBI puts forward his version, but if UBI keeps quite, one is left to believe that they are the guilty party and thus there is not to much to expect for the future of Homm6.

There is no hiding the post bitula its still in this forum and if you read the thread there was no mod actions from herso corner.

When that is said ubi has promised more patches lets hope they improve the game. I would slo hope that some mod cleans up this thread and since its so far of topic.

A comment on the bh comment i think its sad to see a exemployee publicly comes out like this. There are always to sides to the story. My concltuin is that this did not work out and game support suffers. Im not very happy how this turend out. I only hope that the next patches promised by ubi can finaly give us what i want a good game.
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=258636&dateline=13265  35850

Well I've read somewhere that this post was deleted, but someone saved it, then reposted it (maybe not on this forum). Yes, its out of topic, but then why is it posted here? Is there a thread where it is actually being discussed? Even if biased ,this post is the most significant peace of information since a half a year. I believe it is time for UBI to explain what happened, silence won't work any more. Something went very wrong, and I dont think it should be a top secret. The game may as well be facing an unfortunate end and we are talking about weather effect suggestions or what lol....

Quote Originally Posted by znork View Post
    There is no hiding the post bitula its still in this forum and if you read the thread there was no mod actions from herso corner.

When that is said ubi has promised more patches lets hope they improve the game. I would slo hope that some mod cleans up this thread and since its so far of topic.

A comment on the bh comment i think its sad to see a exemployee publicly comes out like this. There are always to sides to the story. My concltuin is that this did not work out and game support suffers. Im not very happy how this turend out. I only hope that the next patches promised by ubi can finaly give us what i want a good game.
    If a moderator deletes that post and says he did it because it was off-topic, I'll be more than happy to create a new topic with the quote. But everyone (especially the potential new buyers) have the right to know what they are getting into. I wish I had that chance before I bought my deluxe version of the game.

If people still decide to buy it, at least it will be an informed decision.

herosconer has confirmed on thier front page they have not delted the post. And ubi dosent hack fan sights and remove posts. The poster himslef mustt have understood what he was dooing and fund it wise to remove the post himself.

This thread is offtopic and should be cleand up. this should be about this poor lad wanting to add som more wehter stuff to the game. That is my point. I find this thread very intresting and it should be made more visibale not hidden in a thread a about wether dont you agree?
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!
    http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=258636&dateline=13265  35850

concltuin
    Even for Znorkish....that's priceless. :O) It took me a second to realize you meant "conclusion". I only point these things out because they make me smile. *grin*

As for what Znork said, I agree the thread should be cleaned up. We were, after all, talking about adding weather features to the game which is actually quite an interesting topic IMO.

As for the post from that guy claiming to be from BH, well, first off we don't know who that is and if he's even legit. But assuming he is, it sounds like a disgruntled worker to me. A lot of that stuff is completely new to me so I just don't know how much faith to put into it. But regardless, it's troubling. In regards to Ubi, I highly doubt that they'd respond to something like that simply because you can never win in a mud-slinging contest. Everybody ends up covered in crud. Best to take the high road and just ignore it and move on. But I'm sure everyone would love a response if for no other reason than for the sideshow that would ensue. Regardless, I'd rather look forward than backwards. Looking forward, the game WILL improve, there WILL be patches (numerous) and the game WILL continue to be supported. As for expansions and further games...I'll just say that I hope we'll see them.

[i]"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long f

Sure it is a disgruntled worker. How could it now be? Everyone in BH lost their jobs, their company went bankrupt and a lot of the blame seems to be directed to them. Of course he is. If anything, that's indication to me that he speaks the truth: Because his anger won't let him put a filter into what he says, even if it ends up being somewhat tainted. This is also the reason why I think he deleted his own post if he realized he post it under that influence and regreted it.

Anyway, I didn't really needed that to know the game was in trouble. If at all, it comes to confirm my suspicions: That Ubi only cares about his pocket and that the game is an afterthought. I think that after so much water flowed under this bridge, this is more than apparent.

So I don't really care if Ubi responds or even reads this. My intention is to warn others of the kind of game and support they should expect. I know that warning would have saved me $$$. I also hope to see the franchise sold to someone else. That's, unfortunatelly, the only way I see it surviving.

As for the patches and future content, I want to belive in what you say but I just can't. There's a saying here I will try to translate: If you burn with milk, you see a cow and cry.

*Edited for clarification.
    Last edited by Quique30; 04-10-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znork View Post
    I find this thread very intresting and it should be made more visibale not hidden in a thread a about wether dont you agree?
    Incidentally, I think that's the reason why it hasn't been deleted yet, lol. Because it hasn't been noted. Remember: This is a "suggestion" thread. Who in Ubisoft cares about suggestions? lol.

Anyway, I know this is off-topic. And if a moderator sees the need to clean it up, I'll understand. It would be a shame to lose all these posts, though.
    Last edited by Quique30; 04-10-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast