Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Genuine questions and feedback for ubisoft. | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

  1. #21
    Member smengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    162
    I do not find your point about the DLC valid, since when you buy the game, you're paying for what you buy. Not for future releases. DLC should complement the story, which it does. If they brought you to the end of the game, then told you that you had to pay $9.99 for the ending, that would be wrong. You pay for the story that they're selling you, not more.

    Your other point about the multiplayer is a valid one. Pirating PS3 games is virtually non-existent, so that cannot be the issue for them. They want to extra money, along with every other developer who is also doing this. We are lucky at the moment that they are not locking down the SP as well, but it looks like everyone will be doing this in the future. This will become an even bigger problem when all games are bought online, such as Apple's app store. We will not be able to share games with family members, etc. To us consumers, it is not "right" for them to do this, but for the company, they can do whatever they want. I agree that I will not buy many games once this happens. What can we do though, other than vote with our wallets?

    Edit: For people arguing that buying used games is hurting the industry, it is not. They want you to think that, so don't let them.
    Last edited by smengler; 04-10-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #22
    Senior Member UrDeviant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derpville
    Posts
    2,757
    DLC Is a separate product. You have the assumption you're entitled to every last bit of small content that developers churn out, but guess what? you're not.

    And as for online passes, do you blame a company for wanting to make more money? Isn't that what companies DO? The pre-owned buyer Is an untapped source of revenue for game developers and the more money they make, the higher the quality of games will be.

    Edit: I don't totally disagree. I'm sure there are more shady studios out there who are making day 1 DLC, marketing It as a separate product when It's clearly not, and could have been part of the main game on disc.
    Last edited by UrDeviant1; 04-10-2012 at 12:08 AM.

    "Damnation seize my soul If I give you quarters, or take any from you" - Blackbeard

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #23
    Senior Member LightRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,084
    Quote Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 View Post
    DLC Is a separate product. You have the assumption you're entitled to every last bit of small content that developers churn out, but guess what? you're not.

    And as for online passes, do you blame a company for wanting to make more money? Isn't that what companies DO? The pre-owned buyer Is an untapped source of revenue for game developers and the more money they make, the higher the quality of games will be.

    Edit: I don't totally disagree. I'm sure there are more shady studios out there who are making day 1 DLC, marketing It as a separate product when It's clearly not, and could have been part of the main game on disc.
    Indeed. Let's not forget what happened during the North American Video Game Crash of 1983. One of the primary causes was a serious drop in the quality of Atari video games, severely damaging the reputation of the industry.

    Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #24
    Member smengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by UrDeviant1 View Post
    And as for online passes, do you blame a company for wanting to make more money? Isn't that what companies DO? The pre-owned buyer Is an untapped source of revenue for game developers and the more money they make, the higher the quality of games will be.
    I agree that companies will always try to make more money, but I don't agree that the quality of games will be improved. This money will go straight into the owners pocket, not into future games. Companies will not create better products just because they're nice. They'll build their products in the cheapest way possible, then pocket any extra money.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #25
    Senior Member freddie_1897's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by yoinkster View Post
    It is cheating because the DLC was conceived before the game was released. It was even conceived while the game was in development. If it was a true after thought then they'd deserve credit for extending an otherwise enjoyable game. But It wasn't. And they deserve to be flamed for it.

    And AFAIK, if there are deleted scenes and they are going to be made available they are generally put on the DVD that one would buy :P I know what you mean though and it's ^^ that part of the DLC that I'm against.
    What DLC had they come up with during the making of the game?
    If so do you have any proof?
    And even if you do, I don't see it as a very good reason to leave the AC franchise forever


    i believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody who's life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #26
    Senior Member UrDeviant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derpville
    Posts
    2,757
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRey View Post
    Indeed. Let's not forget what happened during the North American Video Game Crash of 1983. One of the primary causes was a serious drop in the quality of Atari video games, severely damaging the reputation of the industry.
    Exactly. We don't want to see game companies go under, and some are really relying on DLC/cutting the sale of pre-owned, just to keep their head above water, take THQ for example(even though I'm not their biggest fan).

    "Damnation seize my soul If I give you quarters, or take any from you" - Blackbeard

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #27
    Senior Member LightRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,084
    Quote Originally Posted by smengler View Post
    I agree that companies will always try to make more money, but I don't agree that the quality of games will be improved. This money will go straight into the owners pocket, not into future games. Companies will not create better products just because they're nice. They'll build their products in the cheapest way possible, then pocket any extra money.
    This is not entirely true. Most of the profits companies make go into improving and expanding the company. In the case of game developers that generally means it goes into the budget of new games. The more successful a game series, the more money will be invested in its next installment.

    It did happen once that game companies thought they could get away with publishing low quality games (often based on movies and the like) thanks to their reputation and apparent monopoly, but that resulted in the above mentioned crash. Trust me, most of the money Ubi makes on AC goes right back into the development of the next AC game.

    Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #28
    Senior Member Captain Tomatoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    York, England
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by freddie_1897 View Post
    What DLC had they come up with during the making of the game?
    If so do you have any proof?
    And even if you do, I don't see it as a very good reason to leave the AC franchise forever
    They definitely came up with it while making AC:R because they recorded all the sound clips. But as I said earlier, they made the animations and the game areas after development of the game.


    'Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils' - Louis Hector Berlioz
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #29
    Senior Member LightRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony6593 View Post
    They definitely came up with it while making AC:R because they recorded all the sound clips. But as I said earlier, they made the animations and the game areas after development of the game.
    True. A huge part of the audio of TLA was already on the disc.

    Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #30
    Senior Member freddie_1897's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony6593 View Post
    They definitely came up with it while making AC:R because they recorded all the sound clips. But as I said earlier, they made the animations and the game areas after development of the game.
    Okay, that's not great of them, but would you stop playing AC because of that?


    Oh, and OP, I am certain that you will buy AC3, absolutely certain


    i believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody who's life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •