Thread: Updating | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Updating

A quick question, just bought the game yesterday and I'm wondering why does the game not auto update since it connects to Uplay starting it.

I noticed this because I had the mouse flicker problem and noticed that I have the wrong version running, but had to manually run gu.exe for the game to search for updates.
    Is this normal? Shouldn't it be automatc?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    Hey DodoGeorg

It should be automatic when you first launch the Game Launcher. There may have been a corruption in the Game Launcher software and it isn't allowing the game to auto-update.

To resolve this issue, you may need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important.

Once you have manually deleted the files left in that folder, you can reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe and then you should be able to start the game.

Thank you for your replay, it was nothing critical.
    More a weird glitch that took time to figure out.

Good to know that you got the issue ironed out.

Would you let us know what steps you took to resolve the issue and I can escalate that up to the dev team and let them know for future reference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pennygod View Post
    Good to know that you got the issue ironed out.

Would you let us know what steps you took to resolve the issue and I can escalate that up to the dev team and let them know for future reference.

Thanks
    I did a full reinstall, the problem was (even on the second run) that the game does not make shortcuts in the Windows Start menu or in the Game manager, so I made a shortcut to the game .exe and that way the update was somehow bypassed.

The second time I installed it all, it still didn't make the normal shortcuts in the Start menu, but at least it got registered in the Games list.
    Another weird thing I noticed was that after you run the game for the first time the game gets the first update and proceeds to the Launcher that lets you play the game, it doesn't apply any other available patches until you start the game anew.
    So it boils down to restarting the game some 5 times to get it to the current version.

My operating system is Windows 7 x64 and the game is a digital deluxe version bought at GetGamesGo.com
    Last edited by DodoGeorg; 04-11-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks for the update.