Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Challenge: Good Enough (Combo) | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Really love this song. Glad you picked on-disc content. Hopefully I will have time to enter this weeks challenge.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Nice pick. I'll try to get something in, though this week we started doubling up band practice and my instructor is stepping up lessons a bit, so I might have a hard time squeezing in my "free" guitar time >.>

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleSauve View Post
    Ok. had a chance to play it a few times tonight. My goal was to get to 94% notes hit, made it to 95%.
    Update: 159,007->161,574
    127555... my Good Enough is not good enough to compete with your Good Enough (c'mon you all knew somebody would write it, didn't you? I held as much as I could!)

Quote Originally Posted by mbarsott View Post
    127555... my Good Enough is not good enough to compete with your Good Enough (c'mon you all knew somebody would write it, didn't you? I held as much as I could!)

When I saw the score screen come up I thought "Yeah, that's good enough for now"

Hoping one of you guys that have high scores will shoot a vid on your techniques while playing this song! couldn't find a close up online yet. I've never been good playing a lot of open notes and getting it "clean" sounding...

Quote Originally Posted by tacole27 View Post
    Hoping one of you guys that have high scores will shoot a vid on your techniques while playing this song! couldn't find a close up online yet. I've never been good playing a lot of open notes and getting it "clean" sounding...
    One day I'll do a vid. electric1983 did a pretty solid run on video:

Do you have a channel, Seattle ?

Quote Originally Posted by kittendaddy2 View Post
    Do you have a channel, Seattle ?
    Not one with guitar vids. If I can find a good recording setup I might throw a few up now and again to motivate myself to get more clean on some of these runs.

Well I passed on last week so I'm definitely on board this time. I'll put a base score up soon and see what I can do to improve on it. I would like to master this song but Good Enough showing up as an encore really terrifies me. Good song choice though. I think my fingers will suffer this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokco View Post
    <snip> I think my fingers will suffer this week.
    Seriously. I went on vacation and didn't play guitar for a week. Then I get Hangar 18, Smoke and Good Enough back to back to back. My fingertips are raw. Have to say that these challenges are really pushing me ****her through riff repeater than I've ever been before. I still can't level the solos all the way up, but I'm sure playing them better than I used to.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast