Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those with tremolo bridges and are having issues with tuning down | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

To me, the problem with the copies, is the cheap pot metal blocks won't hold the string ends in place, and they are always slipping. Also the screws strip and break, and the blades wear much faster.

I agree, I stay away from the cheap copies. The Schaller and some Jacskons (590 and even the JT6) are good trem units. Probably others, but I have experience with those.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    To me, the problem with the copies, is the cheap pot metal blocks won't hold the string ends in place, and they are always slipping. Also the screws strip and break, and the blades wear much faster.

I agree, I stay away from the cheap copies. The Schaller and some Jacskons (590 and even the JT6) are good trem units. Probably others, but I have experience with those.
    Exactly.Once the edge of the blades starts to dull you're screwed.And with the cheaper metal they wear much faster,and it will never come back to pitch if you slam it down so that the strings get sucked into the magnets of the pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post

Yup...people blame it on all floyd's but only the copies have the tuning issues, the real deals hold tune and hold it very well even when whammy'n like a mad man

Quote Originally Posted by etter157 View Post
    If I understand correctly, trems that dive only can be tuned down with no problem. The trem is built so that it never tilts backward. Therefore, when tension is released from the strings, the trem doesn't move backwards because it's built not to. I believe tuning up could be a problem.

As far as the floyd rose, the quality won't change your difficulties in alternate tuning and it has nothing to do with tuning stability. If you loosen tension in the strings, the trem will start to tilt backwards. It's really not a huge deal, the change is barely noticeable, but you may have to retune the rest of the strings.

Now, if you were to REALLY detune it, like a full step down or drop-c, you need to adjust the tension on the trem. It's not extremely difficult, but takes time and patience. I hate it (really tedious work).

Basically, a guitar with a floyd rose is made for staying in one tuning. That's why i bought the tremel-no; best of both worlds.
    Rebranded floyd roses are trash and the quality does change how they work, if a rebranded floyd rose worked as good as the real one then why does the real one cost $250+ and a rebranded is $50? It's like comparing a Epiphone Les Paul to a Gibson Les Paul, they look similar and that's all, nothing else is the same.

Btw, this was not a knock on Floyd's, just a means to help those with tuning issues, whatever the cause may be.
    I post from my iPad most of the time so forgive the typos!

Running RS14 on PS3 and on Macbook:

Mavericks
    2.3mhz intel core i7
    8G ram
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 384MB - built in
    Nvidia GT 650 512mb

Guitars/Amps/Gear
    PRS Santana SE - modded with EMG 81/85 active pups, locking tuners, Tremol-NO
    PRS SE 245
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus - classic 57 pups
    Gibson 1941 J-35
    Marshall DSL40C
    Boss TU-3
    Boss GE-7
    Boss DD-7
    mxr phase 90
    mxr micro flanger
    mxr smart gate
    crybaby 535q wah