Thread: DLC of Prince music like Dreamer or Computer Blue? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Post DLC of Prince music like Dreamer or Computer Blue?

I really like the guitar riffs in Prince's Computer Blue & Dreamer...since Prince said he would support games that teach kids guitar i wonder will he let the company have his permission to use his music in the game! i would really like to play those songs...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/30/pr...-how-to-actua/

and we never heard from him again lol

A friend gave me tickets for a small venue Prince concert about 10 years ago. I begrudgingly went, not expecting much. With the possible exception of Raspberry Beret and 1999 (LOL!!!!), I wasn't interested in hearing too much of his music. Wow -- I had no idea Prince was as gifted a guitarist as he is. Yeah, I know -- he can play a billion different instruments. But holy krap, can he shred (in his own refined style). I will never forget how impressed I was. Blown away actually. I gained a whole new level of respect for him after that, and I have never forgotten how I felt standing there with my jaw hanging to the floor in awe after one of his 3 minute solos. Respect.

have you caught Price's guitar solo at the concert for George Harrison performing "While my guitar"

wait here it is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

Prince is near the end ..... but I had no respect for the guy either, until I saw this ....

and Wednesday night .... Legend Buddy Guy is in town .... Mustang Sally anyone !

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper153 View Post
    have you caught Price's guitar solo at the concert for George Harrison performing "While my guitar"

wait here it is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

Prince is near the end ..... but I had no respect for the guy either, until I saw this ....

and Wednesday night .... Legend Buddy Guy is in town .... Mustang Sally anyone !
    That was very cool. Thanks.

What blew me away when I saw him was not just how blazingly fast he was (which he was), but how effortless he made it all look, and how "musical" his playing was. His solos seemed "different" from the masses of shredders I have seen. They exuded an unmistakable sense of musical awareness and understanding. The way he put things together was so unique, and sounded sooooooo good. And he was doing this while dancing around and having a blast. I have seen lots of great guitarists (including EVH himself) and as ridiculous as it may sound to many here, I put Prince among the best guitarists I have ever seen.

The bizarre thing was that at the concert, he only played guitar maybe a quarter of the time [edit: maybe a third or a half now that I think more about it]. The other time he was playing pretty much every other instrument you can name.

I don't own a single Prince song. But holy krap -- he is one live act that you should not miss if you ever have the chance. Live > studio x 1 billion. My seats were 10 rows back from the stage, dead center.

Thanks again for that video. Very cool.
    Last edited by mtnbkr123; 04-09-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr123 View Post
    That was very cool. Thanks.

What blew me away when I saw him was not just how blazingly fast he was (which he was), but how effortless he made it all look, and how "musical" his playing was. His solos seemed "different" from the masses of shredders I have seen. They exuded an unmistakable sense of musical awareness and understanding. The way he put things together was so unique, and sounded sooooooo good. And he was doing this while dancing around and having a blast. I have seen lots of great guitarists (including EVH himself) and as ridiculous as it may sound to many here, I put Prince among the best guitarists I have ever seen.

The bizarre thing was that at the concert, he only played guitar maybe a quarter of the time [edit: maybe a third or a half now that I think more about it]. The other time he was playing pretty much every other instrument you can name.

I don't own a single Prince song. But holy krap -- he is one live act that you should not miss if you ever have the chance. Live > studio x 1 billion. My seats were 10 rows back from the stage, dead center.

Thanks again for that video. Very cool.
    Despite not being a fan I've seen him a number of times over the years (but always in very large venues where he was just a tiny blob half a mile away).
    The sensation I get watching him in that remarkable Geoge Harrison video (whoever he is lol) is that he's not your standard guitar virtuoso nerd who has spent years in his room shredding scales , but rather he's just a prodigious musical talent and it spills out of his fingers. Even if that's not the case (which it hardly is) it's that very impression which is so appealing. And all while making his big red pimp hat look good. Awesome
    Last edited by KinchBlade; 04-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

I agree Prince is definitely one of the best ...... who knew?

Prince playing the blues for you :-)

And some Hendrix too :-)

Last edited by JanEgilS; 04-10-2012 at 09:59 PM.