Thread: Horses reaching retirement way too soon | Forums

Horses reaching retirement way too soon

Hi
    I've several times experienced that my horse reach retirement age way too soon. Sometimes they don't even reach adulthood before being retired. Other times they're a little older, but i've still to see them get to age 5 before getting retired. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a pattern. Some of the times it happens when an action is supposed to be performed and never does, or if the game switches to another horse that I haven't pressed.

kind regards,
    Linda
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As you progress in breeding level, the age for your horses increases. It should be 8 as you first start out and then as you breed horses & use your unlocked breeding badges (& therefore unlocking higher breeding levels per breed), your horses retirement age will increase. It goes from 8 to 16 to 20 right now...not sure about higher than that. Also, store bought horses are adults past 20 years old. I buy a store bought horse so I can train them pretty high, then use all the breeding badges when you breed.

Quote Originally Posted by mushlymush View Post
    As you progress in breeding level, the age for your horses increases. It should be 8 as you first start out and then as you breed horses & use your unlocked breeding badges (& therefore unlocking higher breeding levels per breed), your horses retirement age will increase. It goes from 8 to 16 to 20 right now...not sure about higher than that. Also, store bought horses are adults past 20 years old. I buy a store bought horse so I can train them pretty high, then use all the breeding badges when you breed.
    That's what I thought it ought to be like. But some of my horses are retired at age 1... which is why I guess it's a bug. The oldest I've tried getting one of them before it was retired (so it says when you look at the horse's detail and it can only do petting) was almost 4

I agree with this. I have this one horse I had a day, max, and he's already retired. How am I supposed to finish the "get a horse to level two" quest if they retire just after reaching level one? I have a screenshot of the horse's info if needed. He is the son of my first horse on the game.

The more you use breeding badges (store bought horses live until above age 20, so I suggest buying one, training it in one discipline to unlock about 3-4 breeding badges), the older your horses will get before they retire. You have to use the breeding badges in breeding to unlock breeding acheivements, which in turn levels up breeding, which makes your horses stay adults for much longer. It goes from age 8, to 12, to 16, to 20, to 24, to 29, then up to 37 or so. Breeding=older retirement ages!

Player Experience Manager
    Indeed, the more horses you will get and the more time you'll play, the longer your horses will live before retirement age!

Is there going to be an ingame manual explaining some of this? I saw nothing saying that the horses I bred were going to retire before they could be useful, so it was a little frustrating to breed a horse and plan on it living as long as it's parent, and then it doesn't. Some kind of tooltip or something giving a little more information would be excellent.

Go to the FAQ section & the guide. They can get one badge before they retire, and you can breed that horse infinite number of times and use the badge. Also, buying horses from the shop makes them live until about 20. Then you can unlock about 4 badges before they retire.

Here, I started a thread on how-to breeding & how to level up horses here...please go have a look:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...67#post8267567
    * ~ Novus Ordo Seclorum ~ *