Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In what mode is it safe to practice without ruining leveled sections? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

In what mode is it safe to practice without ruining leveled sections?

Grrr...

There goes an hour I will never get back

Can someone please confirm the mode(s) you can practise in without screwing levelled sections?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

go to options > game options > difficulty

reset to highest level achieved

there is no "safe" mode. The dynamic difficulties goal is to motivate you to strive for "perfection"

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinesh View Post
    go to options > game options > difficulty

reset to highest level achieved

there is no "safe" mode. The dynamic difficulties goal is to motivate you to strive for "perfection"
    Are you sure? I could swear I have b-u-t-c-h-ered many many many songs beyond recognition in rehearse mode and never screwed my levelled sections. Is this wrong?

EDIT - waddup with the auto censor thing at this site? Really - I can't say b-u-t-c-h?
    Last edited by mtnbkr123; 04-09-2012 at 05:18 AM.

If you quit or restart, before the rehearsal ends, then nothing done during rehearsal will matter.

Nothing done in RR, will affect leveled sections. Other than leveling sections up. It is impossible to level them down in RR (outside of the manual level which will not stick).

Ok. Thank you rcole_sooner and toymachinesh.

My apologies for questioning you toymachinesh.

So the bottom line is that you can practice the sections without consequence in RR, but outside of RR, the solo that took forever to finally level is in jeopardy if you don't nail it.

I guess I better check the other songs that I had 100% leveled but not yet mastered.

What is the threshold for dropping down a levelled section when you mess up practicing outside RR? I am assuming you don't have to be perfect. Any ideas how forgiving it is before you drop on your levelled sections?

Hey rcole_sooner - have you checked out the new Line 6 guitars? I appreciate that the "purists" will consider them junk (no shortage of Line 6 haters out there) but I was playing the Les Paul body style one this weekend. Very nice. And the non-US version is totally affordable.
    Last edited by mtnbkr123; 04-09-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Honestly if you have a section of a song leveled pretty high but you can't play it consistently and end up lowering your level then all that means is you need to more practice getting comfortable with the core notes in the section and you can add all the fancy filler in later. Don't try to rush your progress as a guitarist.

With today's modern CNC manufacturing, there are many better quality cheaper guitars. I have not tried the Line 6. I would bet they are like the Agile or similar lines, and are fine guitars, for the money.

Also as mentioned above, even if you trash a seciton during play, outside of RR, you can go into game options and set the level back to the highest you've earned.

Quote Originally Posted by SevXSeven View Post
    Honestly if you have a section of a song leveled pretty high but you can't play it consistently and end up lowering your level then all that means is you need to more practice getting comfortable with the core notes in the section and you can add all the fancy filler in later. Don't try to rush your progress as a guitarist.
    I agree in principal but the progression isn't always as logical as that. Some steps down are just jarring (chords to single notes) and some are actually harder/more awkward - and the notes shifting under you makes it harder to learn how to play either the higher or lower level one correctly.

Really wish there was some option to phrase lock (at least the lower bound), phrase level downs have only ever been slightly welcome when the starting phrase level was too high. If I've hit a section to level it, it's never welcome for it to level back down. N E V E R

Just another case of the game getting in its own way, to be honest. It tries to be a game too hard sometimes.

EDIT:

I have re-read the answers in this thread, and have done a 180 on my thinking.

Part of my problem is that I do not understand how this game works very well. I haven't been playing it long, and I haven't been playing it for points or following the RS recommends screen. I've just been learning songs (and having a blast doing that). So I don't know the ins and outs of it at all (except for what I have picked up from this site). Now that I think about it, it's not so bad to have it level down after practising, so long as you have the option of "leveling it back up" in options. The way it is set up, that seems to be the easiest way to re-learn sections that you obviously haven't learned well enough. Sometimes what happens to me is that I have problems remembering parts I have levelled to 100% in RR, when it comes to stringing them all together.

Anyway, looks like RS got this right and my frustration is a result of me not appreciating how things work.
    Last edited by mtnbkr123; 04-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    ...I have not tried the Line 6. I would bet they are like the Agile or similar lines, and are fine guitars, for the money.
    In addition to all the different voicings, altnernate tunings are a b-u-t-t-on turn away. Pretty tech.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast