Thread: Really Disappointed With This Week's DLC | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Really Disappointed With This Week's DLC

Foster The People is a horrible band (just an opinion), and the guitar part for this song is lame. This was an extremely bad choice of DLC. I would honestly prefer more "band packs" instead of these mixed bag deals.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Edit: I love the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by CouchFox View Post
    Foster The People is a horrible band (just an opinion), and the guitar part for this song is lame. This was an extremely bad choice of DLC. I would honestly prefer more "band packs" instead of these mixed bag deals.
    Well, I don't have an opinion on Foster the People myself, but I do think the guitar riff is a good exercise for a beginner like me. I feel that this 3 song pack was a good move, because it's something different. Not everyone is into classic rock, and not everyone is a metalhead. Of the three songs in the last pack, two had previously been recommended to me to listen to by girls I was crazy about, and the third I've also only heard mentioned by girls. Granted I don't actually want to learn to play the guitar solely to get women, but I don't really think songs like these hurt. That, and one of the songs is on my guilty pleasure, sing off-key in my car on my way to work, won't admit to it in person lists.

If you've ever liked any of the DLC released, I think Rocksmith is doing things right. I mentioned this in another thread, but if they narrow down the scope of their releases to any one person's preferences, they'll find exactly as much success as Rapstar.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do sort of agree with you on the song packs thing; but only on the fact that with a 3 song pack from a single artist, we'd be likely to see a pack discount price. If they can get an artist or band that enough people are going to go for, (like one of the impossible ones, like Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin), by all means, but if they're going to give people a crash course in pop rock or the blues, better 3 separate acts to provide more range, rather than a 3 song pack. I mean, I'd love to have 3 song packs of my favorite bands, but I honestly don't think they'd do well in sales.
    Last edited by josephbloseph; 04-08-2012 at 11:45 PM.

You can't please all the people all of the time. I think they are doing a great job with spreading the DLC around to different genres of music. It gives everyone a chance to download something they like. If you don't like it do not purchase it. No big deal. I have gotten many of the DLC songs just to have different things to play as I am just learning. Some things I will pass on and others like the upcoming Judas Priest songs I will get all of. Its a big world out there and not everyone likes what you like. Be supportive of Ubisoft as they have given us a wonderful tool to learn Guitar.

That's the one song I didn't get this week, but having a blast playing This Love and Bring Me To Life. Can't satisfy everyone, I was disappointed on some past weeks.

Looks like we have a difference of opinion because "Bring Me To Life" is incredibly boring and "Pumped Up Kicks" is one of the most fun songs I've downloaded so far.

Just remember that April 17th is Judas Priest

I heard that Judas Priest was going to be delayed and they were going to have a Justin Bieber song pack instead.

Sweet. Can't wait to learn "Baby"

OH boy here we go again
    Guitar playing is both extremely easy for me and extremely difficult for me at the same time.

Kirk Hammett