Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ! Alert Alert ! - Mods Read Please | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Far Cry 3 Elite Member neokinesis's Avatar

Exclamation ! Alert Alert ! - Mods Read Please

I tried to check the statistics of my published maps today on the 360 Servers and they have been erased.

Is this something temporary?
    Is this resolvable?
    Is this happening for other players?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Wish I could have gotten an answer back on this...

I had to re-upload all my maps and lost the statistical data that Ubi was storing I decided to remove the '.com' from the signatures on the maps since I always suspected that was the reason I could never got any UBI REC love.

I know you guys listening, love the way FC3 is turning out!

It's upsetting to see that this wasn't addressed by any mods!

I have no idea why any of your maps never ended up on Ubi's Recommended list either, they were simply awesome.

Neo - I can only put things in one way. I cannot wait to see what you create this time around! The introduction of helpful new tools opens up new perimeters for map design & map features. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with these new tools.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Editor this year. The Multiplayer seems much more polished this year, it looks smooth and identical to Call of Duty's type of Multiplayer. I hate comparing both of these Shooters, but Call of Duty has built a huge financial & critical success from its Multiplayer alone. Far Cry 3's Single Player wipes the floor clean when comparing to CoD, so to pinch the Multiplayer elements and stirring the mix into Far Cry 3 will definitely make for greater success, and a greater experience for Shooter fans - but more importantly Far Cry faithfuls.

I realised how I created very few maps on FC2, and this year with a Multiplayer looking so polished and enjoyable - I'm going to be making an effort to design plenty more maps than last time. A lot of my FC2 map making consisted of me designing maps before giving up on my creations. This year I feel like the Multiplayer is going to be more rewarding after investing a long time crafting a new map.

Interesting to see what people create too, with the exclusion of Vehicles in MP there will be much more infantry-based maps. I'm disappointed we don't have the Vehicles, but I'm sure there'll still be larger maps being created.

If anything - I really hope Ubi is consistent with its Ubi Recommended maps this year. I think it was 4 or 5 maps were added to the Ranked Playlist on FC2 in the space of 4 years, which really doesn't reward us with new content on the "Ranked" side of things. It'd be nice if more maps were converted to the Ranked playlist this year. In fact - consistent support from Ubi would be so sweet this time.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UBI!

Why cant you put weapons and vehicles... Or any of that stuff that dose not validate map... PLEASE REPLY TO THIS IF IM WRONG... THERE A WAY TO PLAY MAPS ONLINE WITH FRIENDS WITH WEAPONS AND VEHICLES.... REPLY TO ME ON HERE OR INBOX.. IF SO THEY MESSED UP ANOTHER FARCRY !

WHY WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE MAP WITH VEHICLES AND WEAPON AND THE OTHERS AND IT NOT WORK.. SOUNDS PRETTY DUMB!!! REFUND

I think is because little kids constantly make maps that are just a block in a tree and thats all.. Sad i was looking to make squad based maps and weapons too....
    If not i will just get money back.. I was looking forward to having some nice maps.. I dont do play maps i make Game Type Based Maps... I make them like a MAP DESIGNER WOULD.

If there is a way to play maps online with vehicles and weapons on map please let me know.... Or can many people join map editor and you have a switch to turn of lobby edit mode so only host can edit?

Anyone know the number to the UBISOFT? We should all call it...
    Last edited by Apocalyptic_VP; 11-29-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: MAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptic_VP View Post
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR UBI!

Why cant you put weapons and vehicles... Or any of that stuff that dose not validate map... PLEASE REPLY TO THIS IF IM WRONG... THERE A WAY TO PLAY MAPS ONLINE WITH FRIENDS WITH WEAPONS AND VEHICLES.... REPLY TO ME ON HERE OR INBOX.. IF SO THEY MESSED UP ANOTHER FARCRY !

WHY WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE MAP WITH VEHICLES AND WEAPON AND THE OTHERS AND IT NOT WORK.. SOUNDS PRETTY DUMB!!! REFUND

I think is because little kids constantly make maps that are just a block in a tree and thats all.. Sad i was looking to make squad based maps and weapons too....
    If not i will just get money back.. I was looking forward to having some nice maps.. I dont do play maps i make Game Type Based Maps... I make them like a MAP DESIGNER WOULD.

If there is a way to play maps online with vehicles and weapons on map please let me know.... Or can many people join map editor and you have a switch to turn of lobby edit mode so only host can edit?

Anyone know the number to the UBISOFT? We should all call it...
    Please calm down! First of all, welcome to the Ubisoft Forums for Far Cry 3. It's a pleasure to have you here

First of all - I know I raised the topic of Vehicles within this thread but it wasn't solely the message I was sending over to my friend Neokinesis. The type of Vehicle banter and discussion you're after is best taken to this thread - The Far Cry 3 Vehicles Thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ayer-VOTE-NOW/

To answer your question - No there will not be Vehicles in Multiplayer. In the Map Editor - Vehicles, Weapons & Wildilife/Soldier AI are available to place within your map, but immediately invalidate the map. When a map is invalidated, it can not be uploaded to the Ubisoft servers. Therefore no, you won't be able to share such maps with friends online. You could alternatively invite friends over to see your maps including vehicles, weapons & AI. Or put your map onto a memory card along with your Gamertag/PSN ID and take it to their home to share. You just can't upload it to Multiplayer.

I'll also add that it won't be the end of the world as we know it just simply because we can't have Vehicles in Multiplayer. It's certainly upsetting & disappointing, but if you want to trade Far Cry 3 back onto the shelves, i'd advise that you're missing out. On an incredible Single player & Multiplayer. And on a Map Editor that comes work a versatile community.

Finally, I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this - but whilst your comment posted is lovely and colourful - that's not how we do it around here. If you're creating a whole new thread then use colours and other font enhancements appropriately. Notice I said "use" there, not "abuse". But most comments will consist of plain texts from my experience in the past 4 years. Sure use colours perhaps, just not too many my friend

Once again - Welcome! This is a great forum, and the Community is one of the strongest and closest on Console games these days. The map making forum will spring to life very soon so stay tuned!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Very sad that this thread was never addressed.

I Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ell635 View Post
    To answer your question - No there will not be Vehicles in Multiplayer. In the Map Editor - Vehicles, Weapons & Wildilife/Soldier AI are available to place within your map, but immediately invalidate the map. When a map is invalidated, it can not be uploaded to the Ubisoft servers. Therefore no, you won't be able to share such maps with friends online. You could alternatively invite friends over to see your maps including vehicles, weapons & AI. Or put your map onto a memory card along with your Gamertag/PSN ID and take it to their home to share. You just can't upload it to Multiplayer.
    Why? So Ubisoft have deliberately decided to limit creativity? I read in an answer to FAQs quite a while back that the idea of racing style maps was interesting and Ubisoft wanted to maintain this flexibility! I understand that this can make maps 'invalid' for certain game modes but in FC2 there was the ability to host a lobby where ranking and progression was not affected so why not have this along with some kind of categorisation of maps? Giving fans and customers what they want must be good for business!

Quote Originally Posted by ell635 View Post
    I'll also add that it won't be the end of the world as we know it just simply because we can't have Vehicles in Multiplayer. It's certainly upsetting & disappointing, but if you want to trade Far Cry 3 back onto the shelves, i'd advise that you're missing out. On an incredible Single player & Multiplayer. And on a Map Editor that comes work a versatile community.
    In your opinion! In MY opinion, disallowing vehicles and AI is an un-necessary limitation. There are alot of map makers who would like to be able to put these in for numerous reasons and there are alot of players who would enjoy the diversity of maps available to play that this would allow!

I've made a few posts on these forums today and I really would like to know if anything is going to be done for the issues I have identified in the map editor. Please have a look at my post here as I've tried to highlight what I feel are some real issues but also some opportunites for improvement:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8762414

The campaign mode looks great from what I've played so far. It's very immersive and looks like it will be enjoyable for a lot of people so well done on that. But I really wanted the game for multiplayer and map making which so far seems like a bit of a letdown for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rudewords View Post
    Why? So Ubisoft have deliberately decided to limit creativity? I read in an answer to FAQs quite a while back that the idea of racing style maps was interesting and Ubisoft wanted to maintain this flexibility! I understand that this can make maps 'invalid' for certain game modes but in FC2 there was the ability to host a lobby where ranking and progression was not affected so why not have this along with some kind of categorisation of maps? Giving fans and customers what they want must be good for business!

In your opinion! In MY opinion, disallowing vehicles and AI is an un-necessary limitation. There are alot of map makers who would like to be able to put these in for numerous reasons and there are alot of players who would enjoy the diversity of maps available to play that this would allow!

I've made a few posts on these forums today and I really would like to know if anything is going to be done for the issues I have identified in the map editor. Please have a look at my post here as I've tried to highlight what I feel are some real issues but also some opportunites for improvement:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8762414

The campaign mode looks great from what I've played so far. It's very immersive and looks like it will be enjoyable for a lot of people so well done on that. But I really wanted the game for multiplayer and map making which so far seems like a bit of a letdown for everyone.
    Exactly. Don't stifle creativity to avoid people making bad maps...that's for the players to decide (whether or not to play them)

they simply don't care. not buying another ubisoft game. i will simply pirate it

Quote Originally Posted by neokinesis View Post
    I tried to check the statistics of my published maps today on the 360 Servers and they have been erased.

Is this something temporary?
    Is this resolvable?
    Is this happening for other players?
    I'm curious....where can I check my map statistics?.....FYI....I'm on the Xbox 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast