Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird - new dlc seemed like it had mastery level much higher initially | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Weird - new dlc seemed like it had mastery level much higher initially

Bring me to life.....I got 103k on arrangement 2 and 98k on the first one on the first run of each. Was the level set higher on these?
    I post from my iPad most of the time so forgive the typos!

Running RS14 on PS3 and on Macbook:

Mavericks
    2.3mhz intel core i7
    8G ram
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 384MB - built in
    Nvidia GT 650 512mb

Guitars/Amps/Gear
    PRS Santana SE - modded with EMG 81/85 active pups, locking tuners, Tremol-NO
    PRS SE 245
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus - classic 57 pups
    Gibson 1941 J-35
    Marshall DSL40C
    Boss TU-3
    Boss GE-7
    Boss DD-7
    mxr phase 90
    mxr micro flanger
    mxr smart gate
    crybaby 535q wah
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yeah, the game can sense your skill level, and compare it to the difficulty of a song you've never played before, and adjust the starting difficulty to what suits you. It does this with on disc arrangements as well, I'm level 10 and still haven't played some songs and they start maxed out the first time I play them.

yea I noticed if you get MM for in Bloom combo then it automatically gives you much higher starting points for all songs containing a lot of power chords lol.

I have not not mastered the Tom Petty song - can't recall my score right now but it shouldn't be even vaguely close as I've only ever given it a couple of run throughs.
    But I just noticed yesterday that there's a chord arrangement so I thought I'd give it a run through to see what was involved.
    It started out fully maxed. That was a first for me.
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

I think it's neat that Rocksmith does this for new DLC, but it always leaves me underwhelmed. I think I actually prefer going from a much lower skill level than seeing 100% my first run. Take Bring Me to Life for example, I felt that I was just faking my way through it since it was set initially to 100% or there about. Getting 90k the first time, even though what I was playing wasn't worth rotten tomatoes. Really, underwhelming - so much so I haven't played that song but maybe 3 times since then, and I was so looking forward to it.

It shouldn't be limited to DLC; the dynamic leveler should be doing that for every song. I haven't quite broken the code on how it determines phrase levels, but RS seems pretty consistent across both the songs on disk and the DLC for me.

Impressive. I always figured each song was treated independently. Never really noticed a variation in starting levels. . . The plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by JTCoop View Post
    Impressive. I always figured each song was treated independently. Never really noticed a variation in starting levels. . . The plot thickens!
    I think that used to be the case before the patch, or at least it was much less pronounced. But with the patch, the leveling philosophy went from "level it up if they play it right" to "level it down if they play it wrong" to address the complaining from people who already played guitar and didn't like having to level songs. Not that I'm bitter, or anything....

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana View Post
    I think that used to be the case before the patch, or at least it was much less pronounced. But with the patch, the leveling philosophy went from "level it up if they play it right" to "level it down if they play it wrong" to address the complaining from people who already played guitar and didn't like having to level songs. Not that I'm bitter, or anything....

I see both sides....this is the problem with any sort of dynamic leveling. There's o way to make it right for everyone. I was just surprised to learn the new dlc was maxed as even though the game may recognize my skill level on songs already downloaded, I wwouldn't think it would recognize it on something never played in game before. It's def programmed to be maxed at download now, which I think is fine, but a newbie player may really be lost.
    I post from my iPad most of the time so forgive the typos!

Running RS14 on PS3 and on Macbook:

Mavericks
    2.3mhz intel core i7
    8G ram
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 384MB - built in
    Nvidia GT 650 512mb

Guitars/Amps/Gear
    PRS Santana SE - modded with EMG 81/85 active pups, locking tuners, Tremol-NO
    PRS SE 245
    Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus - classic 57 pups
    Gibson 1941 J-35
    Marshall DSL40C
    Boss TU-3
    Boss GE-7
    Boss DD-7
    mxr phase 90
    mxr micro flanger
    mxr smart gate
    crybaby 535q wah

On the Tom Petty thing I should point out that its not at all complicated, had zero plays and I'm at level 11 so it's not very surprising it levelled it up.
    After that post I went looking for other arrangements with zero plays. The chords ones all started maxed out but I imagine that's becasue the chord arrangements are not excessively difficult to begin with.
    Last edited by KinchBlade; 04-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    If you say 'gullible' slowly it sounds like 'oranges'.

UPlayID: KinchBlade SteamID: KinchBlade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast