Thread: Harmonically Challenged and short term memory | Forums

  1. #1
    stevie_b87's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    12

    Harmonically Challenged and short term memory

    Does anyone else have a horrible memory and do poorly in harmonically challenged? I only can make it to level 6 or 7, that's by saying the colors out loud as I see them (wait, green yellow blue purple orange purple or was it green yellow blue purple orange green!....BOOM) Does anyone have any tips on how to approach the game and reach the higher levels? This and quick pick dash (I make it to about 18000 M) are my fav minigames.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Posts
    6,367
    Yes, I had a difficult time with my memory on this one. What ended up happening is once I got a really easy run to remember because it went ebgdaead... to start out with, or something like that.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    AngeL-oF-Death-x's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, ohio
    Posts
    161
    i hate this mini game. i cant even get the notes to register. i tried everything but it always blows up around level 4 if im lucky. This is the only mini game that gives me a hard time.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    TroutBum69's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    580
    Originally Posted by stevie_b87 Go to original post
    Does anyone else have a horrible memory and do poorly in harmonically challenged? I only can make it to level 6 or 7, that's by saying the colors out loud as I see them (wait, green yellow blue purple orange purple or was it green yellow blue purple orange green!....BOOM) Does anyone have any tips on how to approach the game and reach the higher levels? This and quick pick dash (I make it to about 18000 M) are my fav minigames.
    There's time to write the notes down between rounds. Play the first note and jot it down (R for red for example). Play the 2 notes for the 2nd round, and add the second note to the list. Just keep adding the last note to the list.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    TroutBum69's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    580
    Originally Posted by AngeLoFDeath-x Go to original post
    i hate this mini game. i cant even get the notes to register. i tried everything but it always blows up around level 4 if im lucky. This is the only mini game that gives me a hard time.
    Have you tried muting the string after you play it? Play the note, mute it. Play the note, mute it. Worked like a charm once I discovered that trick.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Yeah, Trout's advice on muting the string afterward helps tremendously. I went from blowing up at the 4th level or so to getting the trophy in about 15 minutes. Good luck! This one was the scariest trophy for me before listening to Trout's tips. Now I need to figure out how to get the big league baseball game. I hate that game. And every time I play it my dog goes nuts barking at the screen. I guess he hates it too.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longmont CO
    Posts
    3,125
    You have to play more than one harmonic???? No WONDER I keep blowing up. I figured it was just showing me my progression. "You've done orange, blue, and red. Now it's time to do yellow." "Yellow" "*BOOOM*" WTF!!!

    Learn new things every day.

    Carl
    Share this post

  8. #8
    derrickhenry1's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,112
    To everyone who is struggling on this challenge here is the trick you NEED TO KNOW.

    1. The clock bomb runs but won't explode until the first note is strung. This should give you plenty of time to write it down on paper and once you "harmonic" the first string the bomb is able to detonate, till then you could let it run down from 45 seconds to 0.
    2. Write it down in whatever way you like by color or number, I use a number pattern 1 red 2. yellow 3.blue 4. orange 5. green 6. purple. So when they show the colors on the screen write them down. Example (1,5,4,3,5,6,2,1,2,3,4,5,3,5)
    3. LIGHTLY hit the note and completely mute the string with your finger afterwards. then move on to the next harmonic. So note, mute, note, mute, note, mute, etc...
    4. Don't look up to at the screen to see if you hit the note correctly, if you did it will make a ding sound, look at the paper you wrote down the number sequence and only look up between rounds giving a new string. Carefully listen to the ding is important sometimes I will hit one harmonic and I will hear two dings which means some how it registered not only the note I was attempting to string, but the next one as well. So listen carefully!
    Good luck hope this helps it should for everyone though.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    TroutBum69's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    580
    Originally Posted by Stringfiend Go to original post
    Yeah, Trout's advice on muting the string afterward helps tremendously. I went from blowing up at the 4th level or so to getting the trophy in about 15 minutes. Good luck! This one was the scariest trophy for me before listening to Trout's tips. Now I need to figure out how to get the big league baseball game. I hate that game. And every time I play it my dog goes nuts barking at the screen. I guess he hates it too.
    Glad to hear that worked for you. It's not very often I actually have some useful advice to offer.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally Posted by dm_gsxr Go to original post
    You have to play more than one harmonic???? No WONDER I keep blowing up. I figured it was just showing me my progression. "You've done orange, blue, and red. Now it's time to do yellow." "Yellow" "*BOOOM*" WTF!!!

    Learn new things every day.

    Carl
    Lol, this sounds very familiar. Must have another go now that I actually realise what I'm supposed to do. And you can bet I will be writing them down
    Share this post