Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riff Repeater section locked? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I remember seeing this for the first section of Next girl. I had reset my game to get all of the bonus songs then was going to go through and re-master that one. I think I had recently set all songs to "minimum" to avoid getting levelled up encores. I just rehearsed next girl and the section was no longer locked.
    XBL: Deiussum
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by deiussum1 View Post
    I remember seeing this for the first section of Next girl. I had reset my game to get all of the bonus songs then was going to go through and re-master that one. I think I had recently set all songs to "minimum" to avoid getting levelled up encores. I just rehearsed next girl and the section was no longer locked.
    I've got the intro section of Next Girl (which recurs twice later in the song) locked too. I had also reset to minimum, but have since then played it in at least a couple of events, and rehearsed it (except the locked section obviously). And it's still locked. The notes seem to show up in events, but in riff repeater mode it's still showing as locked, which is kinda annoying as it means you can't practise it there. Admittedly not much of an issue for NG, which seems to be acknowledged as about the easiest song on RS, but I'm pretty sure I've noticed some other locked sections recently too, though I don't recall which. (I just remember it on NG since I generally stick it in events to up my scores.)

Anyone around from Ubisoft who can explain the workings of locked sections?

I noticed this while practicing Gobbledigöok once, the verse was locked. I hadn't played through the entire song yet, once I did it was unlocked. I noticed the tapping phrase in Mean B¡tch had the same, and it unlocked by playing through the entire song as well. Very strange, but I haven't encountered it elsewhere.
    PSN - Alohilo

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    I didn't do any techniques to unlock the section. I just played/rehearsed the song.

I dunno about the techniques, I had done all of them, at that point. That does say it was not a technique that locked that section, however.

Also, I don't think there is a tapping technique. AFAIK.
    There's a video on tapping but no technique challenge.

Rocksmith Game Designer
    Some songs have multiple arrangements where one arrangement has a phrase with no notes in it. Those will be marked with a lock symbol.

There are also obscure cases, where certain phrases start with 0 notes in them. Those phrases will only level up if a different defined phrase is leveled up. Those sections are also displayed as locked if it currently has no notes in it. Now that we have set mastery, this lock behavior wasn't correctly updated.

Interesting! That makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksmith-Matt View Post
    Some songs have multiple arrangements where one arrangement has a phrase with no notes in it. Those will be marked with a lock symbol.

There are also obscure cases, where certain phrases start with 0 notes in them. Those phrases will only level up if a different defined phrase is leveled up. Those sections are also displayed as locked if it currently has no notes in it. Now that we have set mastery, this lock behavior wasn't correctly updated.
    Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12