Thread: Shot from impossible location with screenshot evidence [glitch/hack] | Forums

Exclamation Shot from impossible location with screenshot evidence [glitch/hack]

Image speaks for itself.

This guy was somehow inside a wall.
    This is the staircase nearest the train carriage tracks (Moscow train station map), so there was no way he could be where he was.
    Went up stairs noticed I was taking fire from left, looked left and saw notihng but dead bodies then died and took this as I realised how the heck could I have been shot from there.

Can supply player name if required.
    Last edited by Hex73uk; 04-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i get killed from such places on almost every match atleast once. also it seems no matter what gun they use exept pistols.

Feel free to post the names of those players who are able to do this.

Thanks for the screenshot, I've forwarded it to QA.

On further analysis its possible this guy was not inside a wall and I was actually on the other staircase. although thats not where I remember being, but I am willing to accept I may be wrong about that.
    The blue team icons seem to suggest my teammate are in that area also which made me think twice about my location at the time.

However, the fact still remains I got shot through a wall and this screenshot shows theres clearly a wall between us. He did not move there after killing me, thats where the shot came from.

I did not post names because theres no need to make any kids famous, but if any devs want the player name I have the original screenshot with the names in full.
    Last edited by Hex73uk; 04-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.

People shooting through walls happens all the time.

I guess it's related to a bug in the cover system which needs to be fixed ASAP!

I already reported this as a bug and the devs are working on it.

I have been shot while deep in cover and gone "WTF", I started a recon tonight to see how it works, I noticed that if you can see a part of someone you can shoot them, people who seemed confident they were in cover could be shot in the leg or foot, I also got a headshot through a sliver of a gap in some pipework. This isnt my uber shooting skills, it's people thinking they're safe when their not. It's certainly changed how I define 'safe cover'.

Quote Originally Posted by El_MUERkO View Post
    I have been shot while deep in cover and gone "WTF", I started a recon tonight to see how it works, I noticed that if you can see a part of someone you can shoot them, people who seemed confident they were in cover could be shot in the leg or foot, I also got a headshot through a sliver of a gap in some pipework. This isnt my uber shooting skills, it's people thinking they're safe when their not. It's certainly changed how I define 'safe cover'.
    Thats a good point for those situations where a part of you may be sticking through a wall or around the cover but this situation is not one of those instances.
    As you can quite clearly see in the screenshot, there is a wall between us. There is no way my leg could be protruding through the wall or down the staircase.

This is a simple matter of being shot THROUGH an object wether its a glitch, bug or hack.

Yeah there was a guy i was just playing doing the same thing, i could see his feet sometimes but never his head or the gun, but he always got headshots, and im a recon so was watching down the scope as he shot me, i have no problem in naming Micael :P