Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock priority system? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

Lightbulb Lock priority system?

I know Ubi has already been working on AC III for a while, but maybe this would be a good idea and (if possible) could be implemented in ACR.

The ACR lock system allows easier locking than ACB, however, once locked it's not an actual "lock" as interaction with other personae is still possible. In ACB, the lock was hard to get on, but once locked, there was no interaction possible anymore with anything but the lock. In team games, the locks of teammates have priority over your lock (in both ACB and ACR). This could be very annoying as you don't always want to interact with whatever your teammate's locked onto.This got me thinking of a solution so everyone can have the priority they want.

I was thinking of something under options where you can make your own "lock priority", both custom and some presets. You can create some kind of "order of situations". The different situations are:

Highlight - The Persona highlighted by rotating the camera / Precision lock when holding down the lock ****on
    Personal Lock - The lock you placed
    Team Lock - The lock of a teammate

These situations can be changed in order for example, a preset could be "Team Player", with following settings:

Team Lock > Personal lock > Highlight

Another one could be "Tracker":

Highlight > Personal Lock > Team lock

This gives freedom for everyone to make a number of their own personal locksystems as well. For example, I don't really use my teammates' locks for anything other than keeping track of my target, so for me, a customized system would look like:

Personal Lock > Highlight > Team lock

Along with this an additional, separate option for lock prompts should be included. One can switch the option for prompts between "Tap" and "Aim". The first option is obviously the curent one, the second allows people to lock the prompted person only when looking at the person with the reticule over him/her.

Last but not least, not every game mode is the same. Assassinate for example, relies heavily on locking. Because of this every lock priority and lock prompt setting can be linked to any game mode. Whatever game mode you pick, the lock system you linked to it will be used so you don't have to change it all the time when switching game modes.

There! Tell me what you think or if there are any flaws in the system. I believe a good game is made by granting freedom to everyone to adjust the mechanics to their unique playstyle, rather than focing one onto them that's the same for everyone.

Thanks for reading!

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.
    http://youtu.be/k4kWbHePQbU?t=45s
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Step on, choose "Team lock"
    Step two, have teammates that lock the wrong target
    Step three, Disconnect
    "I'm on a boat, this boat floats"

In all honesty there is nothing wrong with the locks.Only thing I hate about ACR locks is the fact that I go for a FRAKIN ground finish when my target is right in front of me.

Not sure if I follow you, but if you have stupid teammates, simply pick a priority system where the highlight or personal lock has priority over stupid teammates. That's the whole idea of this.

Your mistakes were twofold I'm afraid. You sprung your Tripwire without looking to see if the game you hunted, was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short... I'm no murderer. I'm an Assassin.
    Oh, but you will have your reward for finding me. And don't think about running off without collecting. My blade is faster...or my name's not Emvidasch.

I regularly end up killing civilians in Manhunt when my 'pro' team mate locks the wrong one, ruining my good lock -.-

Not a horrible idea:P but stupid teammates could cause severe annoyances.
    "Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito. Requiescat en pace."
    Ezio Auditore Da Firenze after curb stomping the pope.

Eliminate the chance of escape, then eliminate their heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickmc693 View Post
    Not a horrible idea:P but stupid teammates could cause severe annoyances.
    Yeah...little can be done about that

Why should a person have to fiddle with lock settings? It would be better if the system was just more user-centred than it currently is.

It'd be better if you could still stun or kill when a civilian/player was locked, but it operated on the basis of:

Personal Lock > Team Lock > Highlight.

This way, if you've locked onto the wrong person and killed them, that's your fault, but it's not like you have to follow your teammate's lock because the game mechanics force you to. In this scenario, any lock beats a highlight purely because they've been locked over someone who hasn't, but if you picked the right (or wrong) target, you'll go through with that.

Also, if you hadn't locked your target and you were made to go for a teammate's lock, that's more your fault than theirs because you hadn't marked the target you wanted to kill.

What they also need to fix is the "run blindly into crowd, pick the right target 3/4 of the time" glitch.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

J'ai reçu une balle

Quote Originally Posted by idell1 View Post
    J'ai reçu une balle
    Pardon? Je ne sais qu'est ce-que tu veux dire, mais il y a quelque règles pour ces forums. Il est important que tu parles l'anglais. Alors, très bon pour toi que tu as reçu une balle, mais ce n'est pas lié a ce sujet.

Pour les règles de ce forum, visitez le link si-dessous:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663802-Forum-Rules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast