Thread: Battle Cry Explained | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Battle Cry Explained

This is just an explanation on the Battle Cry feature, for anyone that doesn't fully understand how it works.

The Battle Cry, once used, will recharge after a period of time - that was a big blur cleared for me when this was explained in an interview. So you do not have to earn a Battle Cry, just wait.

The symbols on the HUD were not explained, though. However I have managed to figure out what these HUD symbols mean:

So, we now know that the Battle Cry recharges simply after a certain period of time and is not earned by getting kills or capturing objectives, just waiting. But here we have two symbols on the lower right-hand side of the HUD.

The first one (red box) represents the Battle Cry that you have set, the benefit that you will give your team-mates effected by your Cry. The one shown above is a speed boost, which I think just increases the time that you can sprint for. So anyone that is in the range of the player above's Battle Cry will gain this advantage.

The second symbol (blue box) was the one I was always wondering about. It is a character with their hands by their mouth as if they were shouting, or in this case - crying. The number next to this represents the number of team-mates that will be affected by your Cry.

If you think I am wrong, then please share you ideas, but I'm pretty certain that I've got it.

Hope this helped anyone that was unsure.
    Last edited by Flashify; 04-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Far Cry 3...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

could it also mean sprint faster for a period of time?

oops double post - why can't we delete?
    Last edited by LAMBCHOP1972; 04-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.

I think you got it right or are very close anyhow.
    What I would like to find out are the Perks which drain / run out and the ones that once activated they keep working until we are killed which is when they reset / stop working.

Flashify I just realized your an Essex Boy - are you PC or Console platform for FC3 (Sorry I couldn't remember - I seem to think your on PC)

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBCHOP1972 View Post
    I think you got it right or are very close anyhow.
    What I would like to find out are the Perks which drain / run out and the ones that once activated they keep working until we are killed which is when they reset / stop working.

Flashify I just realized your an Essex Boy - are you PC or Console platform for FC3 (Sorry I couldn't remember - I seem to think your on PC)
    Hmm, that's hard to guess, I think the more beneficial Battle Crys, such as increased health, are more likely to drain after being wounded and have fully regenerated your health. Therefore the less beneficial Crys, such as the faster reload or sprint boost, I reckon are the ones that will stay until death. Just a guess thoug.

Haha, indeed I am an Essex boy. I am on Xbox mayte. What gave you the impression I was on PC?

Oh, and possibly, mattscat.
    Far Cry 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Flashify View Post
    Hmm, that's hard to guess, I think the more beneficial Battle Crys, such as increased health, are more likely to drain after being wounded and have fully regenerated your health. Therefore the less beneficial Crys, such as the faster reload or sprint boost, I reckon are the ones that will stay until death. Just a guess thoug.

Haha, indeed I am an Essex boy. I am on Xbox mayte. What gave you the impression I was on PC?

Oh, and possibly, mattscat.
    Ah ha, A fellow xbox-er.
    I really like the Battle cry idea. I can't wait to get a group of buddy's together and discus which Battle Cry's we shall use.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Kman0o View Post
    Ah ha, A fellow xbox-er.
    I really like the Battle cry idea. I can't wait to get a group of buddy's together and discus which Battle Cry's we shall use.
    Me too, it will really persuade players to stay in a group.
    Far Cry 3...

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashify View Post
    Me too, it will really persuade players to stay in a group.
    Yeah and a well aimed RPG will blow them all away

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    Yeah and a well aimed RPG will blow them all away
    Haha yes it would.
    Far Cry 3...