Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem in Manhunt | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Problem in Manhunt

Im talking about the constant stun fest that happens, they all lay a trap for you run over spam the mute and smoke bombs and your getting your arse stunned for like five minutes

Does anyone else get extremely annoyed by this? i know its apart of how you play but still gets under your skin.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If it annoys you that much, just Y out. Personally I think it's your own fault if you get caught in it. (This includes when I get stun locked) :P

On more than one occasion i have raged quit because of it. Anger gets the best of me over reason.

yeah... I've encountered tons of groups that surprisingly get some kind of stun fest going on, since you can't do the thing in ACB which you would stun someone, then switch when they stood up again, people have been trying to figure out ways to get multiple stuns going for as long as they can, racking up points. Its kind of frustrating when some teams have teamwork where their all doing this and your on a miscellaneous team who you don't know and aren't really working together much. The only way I've learned to counter this is by setting a ability class to gun & smoke bomb, thus you can get rid of one and defend yourself against the other and separate the group. I've convince groups to whiteout and change a set to this and we usually end up getting a fairly decent score. But don't quit a whole lot, it may get tough, but instead of getting mad, get smarter. I've even seen some experienced players use the same abilities back at them which is fair justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BeCk41 View Post
    yeah... I've encountered tons of groups that surprisingly get some kind of stun fest going on, since you can't do the thing in ACB which you would stun someone, then switch when they stood up again, people have been trying to figure out ways to get multiple stuns going for as long as they can, racking up points. Its kind of frustrating when some teams have teamwork where their all doing this and your on a miscellaneous team who you don't know and aren't really working together much. The only way I've learned to counter this is by setting a ability class to gun & smoke bomb, thus you can get rid of one and defend yourself against the other and separate the group. I've convince groups to whiteout and change a set to this and we usually end up getting a fairly decent score. But don't quit a whole lot, it may get tough, but instead of getting mad, get smarter. I've even seen some experienced players use the same abilities back at them which is fair justice.

I hate using gun, so I go for the disguise approach and sneak in. They get distracted trying to stun my team mates, and I pick up the points

One time I was hanging off a ledge, my target dropped a smoke bomb, he was on the ground, I was on a roof, and he dodged me because of said smokebomb, I was livid, I couldn't believe that It would prevent me from getting the kill even though I wasn't in the smokebomb, or even touching any smoke.

That's my only gripe about stuns.
    "I'm on a boat, this boat floats"

I do not think rapid Stuns is the problem. They are working as intended. Once you stun one person, you cannot stun the SAME person for I think 5-10 seconds. So it forces you to stun someone else or run. I think the problem is that, those in the "hunting party" has an issue not being able to kill someone half the time.

There is a very nasty input lag or non-readable attacks when it comes to killing people sometimes. I would be in a chase, for instance. With hot pursuit on, I was closing in up literally behind someone but the game refuses to give me the kill command. Square or X until maybe 5-10 seconds of being right on top of him. Which unfortunately gave ample time to the prey to smoke bomb and stun me. NOW THAT is annoying. Or when you DO get stunned and you DO get up and you see the prey sitting there waiting to stun you. And you cannot get the kill command for some reason thus you cannot kill them outright like you should be able to.

THAT'S the problem in MY opinion. The game robs me of many very legitimate kills half the time and it's bloody annoying. I can understand lag, where someone kills me during a chase breaker or turning the corner or hell, from the roof. But the refusal of kill command from even showing up? That's a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BeCk41 View Post
    The only way I've learned to counter this is by setting a ability class to gun & smoke bomb, thus you can get rid of one and defend yourself against the other and separate the group. I've convince groups to whiteout and change a set to this and we usually end up getting a fairly decent score. But don't quit a whole lot, it may get tough, but instead of getting mad, get smarter. I've even seen some experienced players use the same abilities back at them which is fair justice.
    I can't believe you told the guy to get smarter and use gun+OSB in the same paragraph -.- experienced players don't use the same abilities back at them, unless they are ****ing lame.. skilled players counter guys who play like that with ability baiting, knives, run-up-wall to acro, Offensive decoy and disguise.. Happy Hunting

Personally I don't feel there's any excuse to gun down people. Find a different way around the situation.

I usually run with firecrackers and knife, with resilience/resistance. I find that it serves its purpose, most notably knives because they help you to get silent or incog kills without being contested (and of course keeping runners in place). I don't feel like OSB is really justified, even in Manhunt. To me smokebomb is meant for defensive purposes. :shrug: If I ever do equip it on the offense round, it's as a buffer while I'm getting a kill, so that I don't get stunned right after by their teammate.

Only time I really justify OSB is for that first focus+poison or something, in a match. Other than that I reserve it for defense (and sometimes people that run around the map the whole time and/or generally annoy the crap out of me... lol).
    Last edited by Lady_Horus; 04-09-2012 at 02:51 AM.

~ XBL: Lady Horus ~ PC: ladyhorus ~ YouTube ~ Art

Dont get stunned like an idiot is all i have to say to you. its your own fault for being obvious or for not running up a wall or strategically timing your strikes. drop smoke while you kill or knife one and kill another. stun locking isnt as strong as it was in acb and its not hard to get out of....nuff said

PSN: G1ZMO_DRAG0N GT: G1ZMODRAG0N
    youtube.com/G1ZMODRAG0N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast