Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum... Yay | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Platinum... Yay

It only took me almost 6 months, but I finally got the platinum trophy tonight. Super Sliders turned out to be the toughest one for me to get. Now I think I will stop playing events all together and focus on mastering individual songs. I decided to master Freebird next, I almost got it in 1 playthrough... Chord version that is
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Congratulations! I hope I can one eventually get platinum, currently at about 50%. Would be a nice milestone to reach, started not too long ago completely from scratch. Did you start with any prior experience?

Super Sliders is definitely an interesting one. All the other Guitarcade games are essentially just techniques, but Super Sliders actually has some gameplay mechanics in it as well.

Thanks, I started playing about 3-4 yrs ago. Im sure attacking these trophies with no prior experience is a huge undertaking, I wish you luck Sev, and know that you will improve at the guitar VERY quickly by practicing the foundations in the mini-games.

Congrats! I only have the 'play with someone else' achievement left... Need to find someone to play with I might get another cable when the bass expansion comes out, so then I can just get my wife to play with me to unlock this last achievement.

That trophy will pop as soon as you start a song (you don't even have to play it). I borrowed a workmates chord to get mine.

Got up to 68% in only 3 weeks starting from scratch. Really amazed at how well it's going, though not really surprised considering this is how I spent nearly all my free time over the last few weeks.

Got the high score trophies for scale runner and the baseball one, still need to get all the others and not even coming close on some. Aside from that all I need is the 750 note streak, 100,000+ score on a chord arrangement, and the last couple ranks. Having a little trouble with the chord arrangement one because I've tried so many different songs for this and got them all up around 90,000 but only because some chords don't register all the time. I know I'm playing them and they're sounding good.

Quote Originally Posted by SevXSeven View Post
    Got up to 68% in only 3 weeks starting from scratch. Really amazed at how well it's going, though not really surprised considering this is how I spent nearly all my free time over the last few weeks.

Got the high score trophies for scale runner and the baseball one, still need to get all the others and not even coming close on some. Aside from that all I need is the 750 note streak, 100,000+ score on a chord arrangement, and the last couple ranks. Having a little trouble with the chord arrangement one because I've tried so many different songs for this and got them all up around 90,000 but only because some chords don't register all the time. I know I'm playing them and they're sounding good.
    Try spending some time with the Queens Of The Stone Age song. That one should get you your 750 note streak and is a pretty easy 100k. If I recall the chord arrangement for The Horrors song gave a ton of points as well.

Congratulations man on going platinum, that's awesome. Also to the guy with the with the chord arrangements problem play rebel rebel, run back to your side from clapton, or Spider and the Fly chord arrangements those are super easy to complete in my opinion. The toughest chord is Sweet Home Alabama in my opinion.

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    Congratulations!

Thanks for the tips. I swear I got every chord arrangement over 90k but I'm at a plateau there. Did some of your suggestions and got "Do You Remember" to 99,930 and "Rebel Rebel" to 99,965. Was getting a bit infuriated but finally got over the hump today! Also "Go With the Flow" made it incredibly easy to get the 750 note streak, but how come it's labeled as a combo arrangement? All it is is four power chords.
    Last edited by SevXSeven; 04-16-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast