Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C Chord wrong in Chordead? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Thanks friend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Cool, thanks. I meant to post it there too, but forgot about it.

Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't even notice that--good eye! I just automatically muted the low E with my thumb, without even looking at what it was telling me to do.

I didn't notice it for a while. Then I started looking at it and the A, A minor, Am7, and D minor all do it too. I'm sure there's more, but I'd have to start looking up the ones I don't know in order to tell.

The more I think about it, there has to be a reason they are this way. One or two I can see as oversights, but this seems like a lot to be a mistake that's been left in this long.

Perhaps the mini game uses chord formulas in it's algorithm which is why the low E would be included in the open C chord since it's part of the chord by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hab_Fan View Post
    Perhaps the mini game uses chord formulas in it's algorithm which is why the low E would be included in the open C chord since it's part of the chord by definition.
    What do you mean?

He means their chord detection logic knows that an "E" note is supposed to be played in the chord, so it ignores when you add an additional E note to the chord, changing its voicing.

Very cool! Since these last few posts, I have been looking up what makes a chord. I see what you guys mean. Of course that lead to learning a bit about standard notation and scales. I now am starting to understand why people relate music to math; it is loaded with formulas. This is really interesting stuff.

I see the point on the C chord, but if it is an algorithm wouldn't the D chord in the game also include the open A? Why does the D minor have both the open A and E?

Odd things like this intrigue me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12