There are many problems with this game, and the more I find, the less I want to play.
- SMGs need a helluva nerf. They are far too powerful as is.
- The cloak in 0.5.4 was too easy to see. The cloak in 0.5.6 is too hard to see. Can't you find a balance?
- Speaking a balancing, HEAT in 0.5.4 would be lucky to do 24 damage. It can now do at least 75 damage. Either decrease the damage or allow the victim to run while under its effects. As it is now, it's almost a pin-and-kill for anyone who's taken one bullet hit.
- Dolphin diving needs to be fixed. Leaving this in is no way this is even remotely a good idea.
- On that subject, the shield on the Assault's back is way too powerful. Blocking 75% of bullets is a bad idea, and they currently block 100%. Combine that with dolphin diving and you have a nigh unbeatable opponent.
- The Pentagun needs a drastic nerf. I know others have said this, but hopefully one more voice will let you see the light on how terribly unfair it is. No matter my skill, I should not be able to out-snipe a sniper with one, but I can, quite easily.
I agree completely, but I think heat is fine IMO. Any time I'm heated, I'll take maybe 10 damage before I get out of the affected area. This could be a problem with the closer ranged classes since it forces you to leave cover and expose yourself, but I think that's how the mechanics are suppose to work. You're either pinned down and forced to take damage, or you're forced to move and risk getting shot.
It is not in the interest of those who balance the world whether you're good or bad, but so long as both sides are equal.
HEAT is kind of a garbage ability still. It's not like the assault can shoot at you while you're under it. Just walk right up to him and punch him in his stupid face.
Cloaked SMG recons are going through a popularity phase. I can see them but others have a really hard time of it, which consistently ends with my entire team being shot in the back and wiped out on the first point of contention. There's not much of a fix for this dev-side that won't make cloaked recons totally worthless, so I'm gonna have to side with "you need to learn to play better" as the way to combat it.
I'll throw my vote in for the pentagun being ridiculously overpowered. Every shotgun got a nerf instead of the only one that was a problem. I saw a suggestion to bring the shotguns back the way they were and remove the pentagun in the next build to see if the "shotguns are OP" complaints persist.
I play specialist mainly, so I'm probably super biased on this next point.
The aegis is powerful, but not broken OP. People get in my bubble all the time, and I dive into theirs to kill them, too. Also, blackout will put a stop to those shenanigans quick fast in a hurry.
I don't like the new health and ability bars in the top left. The old notched bar for the ability was much better for me to parse quickly.
LMGs might need some more kick, not sure. I can keep a bead on someone VERY easily with a 1x reflex scope.
I'm just nitpicking now, but if you have a gun with a pistol-grip foregrip, the character model should really be holding that foregrip instead of the bit of the gun behind it. Same thing with the loops on pump-shotties. My hand needs to be in that loop, that's what it's there for.