Thread: When you get shot.... | Forums

When you get shot....

I've never been shot and I don't plan to anytime soon, but I imagine, if someone is zoomed in, and they get shot, they are NOT going to have their gun jerk up straight into the air and be like "OH LOOK! THAT CLOUD LOOKS LIKE A BUNNY!" Every time I get shot, I miss the shot because of this. I imagine that there would be some side-effects of being shot, but this is just ridiculous.
    I am the Pillar Of Light in a Land Of Darkness.
    If I see you first, you die.
    If you see me first, you die.
    Bottom line, you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecness0 View Post
    I've never been shot and I don't plan to anytime soon, but I imagine, if someone is zoomed in, and they get shot, they are NOT going to have their gun jerk up straight into the air and be like "OH LOOK! THAT CLOUD LOOKS LIKE A BUNNY!" Every time I get shot, I miss the shot because of this. I imagine that there would be some side-effects of being shot, but this is just ridiculous.
    You could always run simunitions if you want to find out what it's like to be shot. That's the closest you can get without actually taking a slug.

Sims hurt. Imagine being whacked in the sternum with a hammer. If you think you can maintian your sight picture throughout that...
    Additionally, what is hit plays a role in your/your targets, "Reaction" to rounds on target.

Don't you think it would be a bit silly if the game did not punish your for being hit first? I don't think it would make much sense if you were hit but were still able to return fire with 100% accuracy.
    Last edited by Agent.Ruse; 04-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.

I'm not saying, there should be no affect, just I'm pretty sure, no matter where you get shot, you're not going to pull your gun straight up and aim into the air looking at the sky.
    I am the Pillar Of Light in a Land Of Darkness.
    If I see you first, you die.
    If you see me first, you die.
    Bottom line, you die.

Hey there Tecness, good to see you on the forums (it's so cool to be in this small-ish community, getting to know everyone).

I never noticed this exaggerated effect when getting shot as a Recon. Granted I haven't played Recon very long. If it's as bad as you make it out to be it should probably be reduced, but I'm fairly sure I was shot while aiming and it didn't seem that bad. I will try to keep an eye out for this once I start playing Recon (got to get my Assault to at least level 20 first).
    Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tecness0 View Post
    I'm not saying, there should be no affect, just I'm pretty sure, no matter where you get shot, you're not going to pull your gun straight up and aim into the air looking at the sky.
    It really depends on the individual and what was hit. If a slug breaks a bone or hits a vital you are not going to sit around and wait for a pot of tea to whistle.

Think of a pin *****. If someone sticks you with a pin in say, your forearm, you are probably going to look at your forearm, look at them, and then slap them upside the head. If that same person were to ***** you in your ****ox while you are sitting at your desk you are probably going to jump out of your chair grabbing your ****ox before you slap them upside the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer852 View Post
    Hey there Tecness, good to see you on the forums (it's so cool to be in this small-ish community, getting to know everyone).

I never noticed this exaggerated effect when getting shot as a Recon. Granted I haven't played Recon very long. If it's as bad as you make it out to be it should probably be reduced, but I'm fairly sure I was shot while aiming and it didn't seem that bad. I will try to keep an eye out for this once I start playing Recon (got to get my Assault to at least level 20 first).
    From what I can tell, the effect seems to increase exponetially from taking multiple hits. If you find yourself looking skyward it is pretty likely that you have taken several hits, not just one or two.