Thread: Online Universe or Online tiny backyard.... | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Online Universe or Online tiny backyard....

Ubisoft promissed us an Online Universe but they are now showing us the multiplayer as a Online tiny backyard. Small maps, no vehicles...only some bang bang pow pows on small maps.

Again, here is the definition of Universe from Wikipedia: '' The universe is commonly defined as the totality of everything that exists '' so why maps will only be small portion of the island......
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

im sure they mean like clans and stat tracking and leaderboards.

As mattscat said, I assume what they mean is that we'll be able to communicate with each other/share stats/gift weapons(confirmed btw) and the like. It's more of a universe in the sense of, "deep down, we're all like, connected man." in that it's more info-based and non-physical rather than the literal universe.

Banned
    Yeah, anymore you cannot trust anybody in the world of marketing a lot will lie through their teeth.

I do not think by "a massive online universe" they mean a open world free roam, but more like the wide varity of gamemodes and the community.
    Last edited by elitesniper365; 04-10-2012 at 03:22 AM.

It is very easy for us to take written text the wrong way, I also thought at first that it would be one huge Island which would be join able online but the Online Universe seems to be the way in which people can use the Internet and Smart Phone to change weapons and trade things with other players.

The maps might be bigger than we think, until we see the editor and the grid it allows we will not know but there is no reason for all maps to be small.
    Gameplay is so much quicker with swimming and sprinting and with some ziplines placed in the right areas on maps it could be a lot easier to get around a mid sized map.

I don't think we will see huge maps or if we do they will be more for the sniper class and players won't dare to run out into open areas - I am hopeful that the game will be fun and with the editor I should be able to create the style of maps which I loved on FCIP (minus the vehicles) - Its not the end of the world, The only thing that can hurt my maps now is if we don't get ziplines and if the ladders are still the same crap as the ones in FC2 - I want to get on / off without pressing ****ons and be able to jump off half way up if needed.

Jamie Keen himself...... told us in this video that, they made Far cry 3 in a way that we can freely explore the island from one end to the other an as an exemple he said that the montain we can see, if we walk all the way and climb it to the top, we can turn around and see where we came from.....

If it will not be possible in multiplayer mode because they just reveil that the maps will only be small, then was he tlking about doing this open world free roam exploration in campaign mode.....

OR was it a lie to fool the fans......

Having a wounderful paradis tropical islands environment and NOT being able to freely explore it is nonsens. Ubisoft should explain their self about this before fans turn their back.....

Last edited by steve133d; 04-08-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Ok...small maps in multiplayer for those who likes fast action AND also 1 open world map with vehicles for the other so everyone will be please and satisfied..

what do you think...

i think it's the campaign mode that will be open world and will let us explore all the FC3 universe...from one end of an island to the other and between all the islands....

cks this out
    http://www.nxus.co/games/far-cry-3-i...ie-keen-19571/

'' Far Cry 3 is going to be massive” says Lead Designer Jamie Keen

cool.....

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve133d View Post
    i think it's the campaign mode that will be open world and will let us explore all the FC3 universe...from one end of an island to the other and between all the islands....

cks this out
    http://www.nxus.co/games/far-cry-3-i...ie-keen-19571/

'' Far Cry 3 is going to be massive” says Lead Designer Jamie Keen

cool.....
    Jason Vandenberghe once said that the single player will merge the multiplayer, if that means that you can join a hosted island and do survival stuff with other people.. that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    Jason Vandenberghe once said that the single player will merge the multiplayer, if that means that you can join a hosted island and do survival stuff with other people.. that would be nice
    secret game mode????