Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction online multiplayer matchmaking problems MAC | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Cool Splinter Cell Conviction online multiplayer matchmaking problems MAC

(Couldn't find a Splinter Cell for Mac section so I posted here)
    Hi, I've just bought Splinter Cell Conviction for the Mac on the mac app store. Everything works great until I try to play the online multiplayer, where the game tries to search for a match hours on end with no success!
    So I tried to link my Uplay account with the Splinter Cell Conviction website and it tells me to connect it while in-game. Meanwhile in the game I went into
    Profile--->Highlighted my chosen profile, and out comes a message saying "Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time." It has been like this for 2 days like the rest of the people I've been hearing who are on the PC platform.

I have read somewhere on this forum that you needed to forward ports of some sort. I have no idea what that meant as this is the first time I've heard you needed to do this procedure.

Sorry to say this is the only game I have encountered online multiplyer problems with. Other games such as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Modern Combat Domination have no problems playing online whatsoever. I live in Australia if that helps to solve the problem...I'm also speaking for a lot of people who have bought the game via the Mac App Store here.
    Help is much appreciated!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello chazn... I'm sorry to hear about your Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer matchmaking problem/issue. I am not as familiar with Mac's as I am with PC's, but I will try and help you. In your post you mentioned that while trying to play multiplayer "the game tries to search for a match hours on end with no success" and "out comes a message saying Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time"... this leads me to believe that your first inclination is correct; you need to open ports in your router (port forward) and any firewall... look here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...61#post8157061.

Most other games like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Modern Combat Domination do not require opening specific ports in order to play online... Splinter Cell Conviction requires very specific ports to be opened and if these ports are not opened, you will never be able to play Splinter Cell Conviction multiplayer online successfully. Although it is possible to join a host without opening these ports (and in some cases, even play for a while) but eventually it will have terrible lag and/or "multiplayer simulation out-of-sync" crash... but for most who have not opened ports in their router and firewall they just receive the message "Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time" like yourself. I realize that port forwarding is not something you do everyday, but it's really not that complicated if you take your time. In the very near future and as games become more sophisticated (with respect to high-end bi-directional data transfer/communication), I truly believe that all games are going to have these port requirements.

I'm sorry I can't suggest any applications/programs that may assist you in port forwarding because of your Mac platform... but I'm almost certain that if you do an internet search, you may find applications/programs that might help.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 04-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I have gone over to the link you provided and logged into my router. I'm up to the port forwarding step where I'm a little confused.
    Forgive me for being a noob at this but you mention:

"Splinter Cell Conviction ports:
    9103, 9100, 10196 (UDP outbound/inbound)
    80, 3081, 3105 (TCP outbound)
    22350 - 22380 (TCP inbound)
    "
    You mention 3 ports for the first two above. Meanwhile on my router port forwarding page I can only input 2 ports at a time.
    Here's a picture to clarify things.

What am I supposed to do?
    Also where do you have the option to choose outbound and inbound?
    Thanks!

Hello chazn... after viewing the screenshot of your router web interface... dude, you are so close. I have sent you a private message to your inbox here on the Ubisoft Forum explaining in full detail how to port forward the Splinter Cell Conviction ports with your particular router. Don't forget to open these ports in your firewall; either by creating inbound/outbound rules or by disabling (temporarily). Also, verify these ports... don't assume that they are open. See you on the battlefield.

Good luck.

Bad news, while in-game when I try to 'Link to online game services' in the profile menu, the message 'Splinter Cell Conviction services are unavailable at this time' came up again.

Next, I tried to search for a match without linking to online game services and still no luck. The status 'searching for a match' kept on going endlessly.

All the ports have been verified to connect successfully.
    Here's a screenshot of one of the ports that connected.

My firewall had also been turned off. haha
    Any ideas?

ps: when I tried linking to game services while in-game. I input my login and password that I used for logging into Uplay and the forums.
    Did I do this correctly?
    Last edited by chazn; 04-10-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Hello chazn... congratulations on port forwarding correctly; good job. If after port forwarding correctly (verified) and you still receive the message "Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time", there can only be a few reasons (that I can think of) why this would occur:
    1. The Ubisoft Servers are down (temporarily)... be patient and they will be back online shortly (this is not likely the issue as you consistently receive the message)
    2. There is a program on your Mac that is monitoring/scanning/blocking incoming/outgoing traffic... disable (temporarily) any and all Internet Security programs
    3. Your internet throughput is bottle-necking due to other programs tying-up the bandwidth... disable/exit all programs that are accessing the internet (torrent downloads, firewall/security, chat/talk programs etc.)

Your Mac systems seems to be ready to play Splinter Cell Conviction now that you have opened ports, unfortunately there is something keeping you from logging into the Ubisoft Server on your end. If after you've double-checked your Mac and you still receive the message, then I suggest you contact Ubisoft Support http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/ask/rnv/10... chazn, it's very important that you provide Ubisoft Technical Support with relevant/adequate information so they can help you solve this problem/issue (see http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...33#post8219233)

Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I have exact the same problem. I already opened the Ports in my Router and I deactivated Little Snitch and the Mac Firewall. But I cannot connect to the Internet: I keeps saying "Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time". I already tried with my buddy to play over Hamachi, but this doesn't work either!!

the funny thing is, it works perfectly when we are on the same physical local Network (so when I go with my MBP to his place). So the problem has to somewhere in the connection through the Internet.

Somebody any idea how we can solve this problem?

excuse me green hornet I have a similar problem and I don't know how to choose inbound or outbound and I don't understand how I'm supposed to open ports on my router I have a Thomson tg789vn router. The support told me to make sure that I wasn't connected to a proxy server, that might help you with your problem.

Hello wilkins2010... sorry to hear about your problem/issue with opening ports... i will try to give you a hand. Your inbound and outbound ports will be the same with the exception of ports 22350 thru 22380 as this is a range of ports... refer to the following:

Port Inbound/Start Outbound/End Protocol Internal ip
    9100 9100 9100 UDP 192.168.0.?
    9103 9103 9103 UDP 192.168.0.?
    10196 10196 10196 UDP 192.168.0.?
    80 80 80 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3081 3081 3081 TCP 192.168.0.?
    3105 3105 3105 TCP 192.168.0.?
    22350-22380 22350 22380 TCP 192.168.0.?

Here is a link to a website that explains in detail how to Port Forward on your Thomson tg789vn router http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwar...omson-firmware. Don't forget to open these same ports in your Windows firewall or any internet security apps that could be monitoring ports... you can do this by:

1. Creating inbound/outbound rules in the apps that are monitoring ports
    or
    2. Disable (temporarily while you play) your Windows Firewall and all Internet Security programs that are monitoring ports (this is the easiest obviously)

I hope this helps... please let me know if you need further help in opening these ports.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Green.Hornet; 05-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.

it doesn't work a long error message comes up.[IMG]untiteled[/IMG]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast