Thread: Soldier - Heat | Forums

Exclamation Soldier - Heat

I have a few questions about the Heat skill and i want to leave my thoughts about Heat.

1. What is the exact purpose of Heat?

2. Why does it use the entire bar when you cancel it?
    ------

There is the basic soldier challenge where you have to get 1 melee kill, 5 knockdowns with the shield and 10 kills with your gun and 3 kills with Heat.
    But whenever i use my heat to kill someone i either get an assist or it doesn't kill them at all.
    Because of this i can't progress in the soldier challenge tree.
    I suggest that either the challenge should be changed to get like 3 or 5 assists with heat or increase the damage on it.
    But i feel that increasing the damage won't do any good for the reason of Heat which is suppresing people.

I really like the game so far, and i like the soldier so i hope someone will take a look at this.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi !

1 - Heat is designed to contain ennemy assault, so with it, you'll counter aegis shield, mass ennemy comming on a point etc.

2 - For balance purpose, just as blitz, ageis and black out, so skill activation has to be wisely thought.

You can complete the challenge by hurting ennemies and then killing them normally, it's counted as killed by heat.

Upgrade your Heat to Mk II and buy the power add-on. Now you can fry the enemies down like crazy Just pin them down in a corner and walk towards them, they will die in a few seconds!

Guess they de-nerfed Heat with patch 0.5.6.

Quote Originally Posted by cirem View Post
    Upgrade your Heat to Mk II and buy the power add-on. Now you can fry the enemies down like crazy Just pin them down in a corner and walk towards them, they will die in a few seconds!

Guess they de-nerfed Heat with patch 0.5.6.
    I would like to do the challenge before lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by FcT.W4RRI0R View Post
    Hi !

You can complete the challenge by hurting ennemies and then killing them normally, it's counted as killed by heat.
    This sadly does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by MelonWizard View Post
    I would like to do the challenge before lvl 12.
    Why? It just unlocks an avatar which is completely useless. So why the rush?