Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are people seriously nerfing spawn locations now? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

mu connection is fine as well but i still get laggy playewr ive upgraded awhile back download speeds with this connection are insane so its not me
    XBL-GT: DeadlyRThoughts [D.D.C]

Just get toasty and chill
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87Jy-BRlkU

Pancake?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by PMSKrispy View Post
    The connections in this game should be a source of embarrassment for Ubisoft. My internet just completed a major speed overhaul. Last night I did a speed test around midnight and we were getting 22 kbs download speed. That is up from 12. I played Deathmatch a few minutes later and got sliding pursuers. The same pursuer became my target and literally disappeared in front of me 2 times in a row., Major frame rate loss...this happened EVERY game I played. Yet I can play Mass effect 3 MP and have NONE of this go on. At one point I threw down a smoke...caught my pursuer in it and then got the dodge animation. No B prompt and he kills me...This game is pretty much unplayable.
    Sorry to hear you hare having issues Krispy. For the most part the netcode works pretty good for me. If I get in a match with lots of sliding I finish the game but then move on to a different lobby. While having high upload and download speeds is a good thing for gaming you need to take the amount of latency (ping) to the host as well (other players ping to the host too). If you have 22 kbs download but your ping to whoever is hosting the game is high ex: anything greater than 200ms (some may say even lower than that is still bad) then you will probably experience issues. This can be a problem especially with peer hosted games. So if everyone's ping to the host is really good (20ms to 100ms) you should have a pretty decent match

The ACR games I get poor netcode performance on the most are from the map pack playlist. This makes sense since the playerbase is much smaller so I am most likely getting paired up with people that I probably would not get matched up with if the playerbase was larger. Games like Halo and COD that have peer to peer seem to not have as many problems but then again in their matchmaking they have a HUGE playerbase to select from when creating lobbies.
    Xbox GT - GreatWight

thats not a bug. when the game came out all the "pro" players were endlessly whining about how smoke required skill and timing to use. eventually ubisoft decided to remove the skill and timing element of smoke bomb so now it activates instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyStrong View Post
    thats not a bug. when the game came out all the "pro" players were endlessly whining about how smoke required skill and timing to use. eventually ubisoft decided to remove the skill and timing element of smoke bomb so now it activates instantly.
    And because it has no skill to use the ability any more, it's the most spammed ability in the game. At least with ACB, you couldn't drop a smoke bomb down in a kill or stun animation.

Requiring Smoke to have a short delay did give players the need to have some skill to use it, and it was a forgivable "nerf" for it to receive.

But, because Ubisoft wanted to cater to players who complained instead of realising that the ability was better for it, now matches in ACR are even less fun. In fact, people are now going back to Brotherhood, all because it's a better experience, despite all the positive changes that were implemented to Revelations.

XBL: Saracchio
    PSN: Saracchio
    Assassin's Creed Wiki: Slate Vesper

Banned
    ACB had spawn patterns that could be learned and exploited.

ACR's copies of ACB maps still retain all the broken and cheap exploits from the originals (in spite of Ubisoft having known about some of them for OVER A YEAR BECAUSE THEY WERE REPORTED DURING THE BETA), so I'd be surprised if they overhauled the spawn system, because that would also require alterations to the ACB maps.

I'm surprised this wasn't becoming a problem earlier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12