Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which capture software is the best for game action recording? | Forums

Thanks for all the input on the subject people. FRAPS it is.
    With WD Raptors spinning at 10,000 RPM, in a RAID, I should be okay.
    I do have a copy of Premiere gathering dust around here, I will have to find it.
    Cane Corso
    Defend | Protect | Hunt

I would say that if you have a computer that can handle it, Fraps is absolutely the best decision by far. However, I've heard some good things about Dxtory and I am going to be trying it out to see how i like it. The thing about Fraps that's really nice is that the quality of the videos are insanely high quality and that the program itself is incredibly simple to use.

Fraps has to split the videos at 4GB in size. That's the max AVI size possible. Anyways, clipping them together normally works, unless it' super long, when there's some sort of sound desync. Otherwise, you can use XSplit to Twitch/JTV and transload that to YouTube, download, and edit. Yes, that was super-complicated @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Compassghost View Post
    Fraps has to split the videos at 4GB in size. That's the max AVI size possible. Anyways, clipping them together normally works, unless it' super long, when there's some sort of sound desync. Otherwise, you can use XSplit to Twitch/JTV and transload that to YouTube, download, and edit. Yes, that was super-complicated @_@
    It's not a filesize limit on Fraps or the AVI format... Fraps automatically splits them into 4GB chunks so that people who have drives partitioned in FAT32 can record without running into issues. It's a partition type issue, and doing this is just really smart.

I've had hours of GRO Fraps footage stitch together perfectly. It's just drag-and-drop in Adobe Premiere and it always places them in order. No sound desync issues, that usually occurs when your CPU isn't fast enough to game + record/encode at the same time.
    Forum Moderator
    Tom Clancy's The Division

Forum Rules
    Sig, Avatar, & Image Guidelines

Official Website
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

I haven't had any GRO problems. Some games, though, seem to break it. Mostly stuff where I can't maintain the FPS buffer size on my old computer.

I was using MSI afterburner until the most recent version. I can't seem to get even the fps on the screen now. Recording was fairly smooth, but I have not done much. I have been using afterburner for sometime for OC and fan control. When they added the screen shot and record function is was good to go. They put out a lot of beta version before a stable is released (up to date). Just in case you haven't tried it yet, you don't need to sport the logo on your card to use the software.
    I am going to download FRAPS for now, since I can't get afterburner working.
    As always, thanks for the tips.
    Cheers

*jealous of your raptors

Uplay IGN: schulznfels
    Ghost Recon Online IGN: neg273C
    Absolute zero = -273.15°C or −459.67°F or 0 K

I thought Play Claw had amazing graphics, maybe a tad better than fraps, but there is a watermark unless you upgrade (29.99,) reason why I am still using fraps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12