Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 113

Thread: No free-aiming | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

  1. #101
    Senior Member Jexx21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,742
    Take Arkham City's version of auto-aim again (it has the illusion of free-aim, even though it really isn't). When you throw your ranged weapons at thugs and they know you're there, they dodge. Who's to say that guards couldn't do the same?
    Steam ID: Jexx | PSN ID: Jexx21
    "And I will say that we should take a day to break away from all the pain our brain has made, the game is not played alone. And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it and keep it frozen and know that life has a hopeful undertone."
    - twenty | one | pilots
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexx21 View Post
    Take Arkham City's version of auto-aim again (it has the illusion of free-aim, even though it really isn't). When you throw your ranged weapons at thugs and they know you're there, they dodge. Who's to say that guards couldn't do the same?
    They are propably doing arkham style aiming since I don't see any other way to choose between which part of the enemmy's body you wan't to hit.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #103
    Senior Member RzaRecta357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sudbury Ontario
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble6 View Post
    They are propably doing arkham style aiming since I don't see any other way to choose between which part of the enemmy's body you wan't to hit.

    Gta and RDRs lock on system. Locks, then you move the analog to the spot you want. Maybe this has been disproven as I havent read the entire topic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew116 View Post
    Your first paragraph makes no sense at all. You can't miss with auto aim, because its auto aim.

    Okay so now you can shoot them in 1 of 5 places, having free aim would allow you to hit them where you want to hit them and would require more precision in your shots. I can think of scenarios where free aim would work (hunting...) And scenarios where you would need the speed and exact precision of auto aim (multiple targets).

    I would rather have free aim because i like to feel like i'm actually playing a game and not watching a movie :/ but i can still live on with this minor disappointment, with only a few female dogging posts on it (definitly not as many female dog posts that i have on OSB in MP)
    Have you ever played Assassin's Creed? If you don't hold the ****on down long enough then the shot had a risk of missing. With that in mind, it takes longer for you to perform multiple precise shots in succession. With free-aim, this isn't present, and rapid killing enemies is not a problem (with the bow and arrow, at least, since it won't take long to ready the next arrow). I don't know why people think aiming in a third person shooter takes 'skill,' because it doesn't. It's as easy as auto-aim. Even with complete free-aim, rather than a lock-on system similar to GTA4 or RDR, it's easy. I'm not saying free-aim would ruin the game, but it definitely wouldn't make it more challenging.

    People are just making assumptions without even seeing it in action. But of course, I'm the ignorant one for being logical rather than jumping to conclusions. Some people in this thread haven't even read the majority of posts, or even listened to the podcast.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #105
    Senior Member FilipinoNinja67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Flarida, US of A
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by BBALive View Post
    Have you ever played Assassin's Creed? If you don't hold the ****on down long enough then the shot had a risk of missing. With that in mind, it takes longer for you to perform multiple precise shots in succession. With free-aim, this isn't present, and rapid killing enemies is not a problem (with the bow and arrow, at least, since it won't take long to ready the next arrow). I don't know why people think aiming in a third person shooter takes 'skill,' because it doesn't. It's as easy as auto-aim. Even with complete free-aim, rather than a lock-on system similar to GTA4 or RDR, it's easy. I'm not saying free-aim would ruin the game, but it definitely wouldn't make it more challenging.

    People are just making assumptions without even seeing it in action. But of course, I'm the ignorant one for being logical rather than jumping to conclusions. Some people in this thread haven't even read the majority of posts, or even listened to the podcast.
    Have you played ACB or ACR? Lol you can shoot people very rapidly with no risk of missing what-so-ever. You're basically saying that auto-aim is harder? Do you know how dumb that sounds? Why wouldn't they- who said they wouldn't have put the same limitations (reload time....) that auto aim has into free aim? You did, you just made assumptions without seeing it in action.

    Free aim would promote more skill than auto aim would but like i had said, if you were to actually read someone's post, there are situations where it could be frustrating.
    Last edited by Andrew116; 04-06-2012 at 08:40 PM.

    Sig made by:Zeejay
    "Teamwork makes the dream work"-
    I am the #1 AC player across all platforms. Don't believe me? 1v1 AA newb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #106
    Senior Member UrDeviant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Derpville
    Posts
    2,757
    Quote Originally Posted by RzaRecta357 View Post
    Gta and RDRs lock on system. Locks, then you move the analog to the spot you want. Maybe this has been disproven as I havent read the entire topic.
    This Is kinda' the Impression I get about how the lock-on will work.
    Ubi might vary It In some way though.

    "Damnation seize my soul If I give you quarters, or take any from you" - Blackbeard

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #107
    Something else occurred to me about free-aiming with guns from this time period. They've said they sped up the reload speeds on guns even though they would really take a minute or more in real life because that would just be way too annoying of a wait in a game. So let's imagine the reload time is 15-20 seconds for the player. Now if you miss with manual aiming, you are punished by having to wait 15-20 seconds at least, in addition to your target likely being alerted and running away or rushing at you. That's certainly challenging, but it could get frustrating in a hurry for many players. I think typical shooter mechanics just aren't the same when you're not shooting an automatic or semi-automatic weapon of some kind. Now for bows and arrows, the reload time is likely much faster, but your number of arrows are probably very limited in the game. So I could still see that getting somewhat annoying as well.

    I still think the challenge of the system will just be in getting into the right position to be able to have the option of using a ranged weapon of some kind. Especially against animals, who are likely to be much more skittish when they know you're around.
    Tower Envy: do not underestimate it as a force for change.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    372
    i would have liked it to be like uncharted
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #109
    Senior Member FilipinoNinja67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Flarida, US of A
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty_glyphs View Post
    Something else occurred to me about free-aiming with guns from this time period. They've said they sped up the reload speeds on guns even though they would really take a minute or more in real life because that would just be way too annoying of a wait in a game. So let's imagine the reload time is 15-20 seconds for the player. Now if you miss with manual aiming, you are punished by having to wait 15-20 seconds at least, in addition to your target likely being alerted and running away or rushing at you. That's certainly challenging, but it could get frustrating in a hurry for many players. I think typical shooter mechanics just aren't the same when you're not shooting an automatic or semi-automatic weapon of some kind. Now for bows and arrows, the reload time is likely much faster, but your number of arrows are probably very limited in the game. So I could still see that getting somewhat annoying as well.

    I still think the challenge of the system will just be in getting into the right position to be able to have the option of using a ranged weapon of some kind. Especially against animals, who are likely to be much more skittish when they know you're around.
    i think the majority of us want the guns to be auto aim but have the bow n arrow free aim because it is a silent weapon and needs some kind of draw back (shudders at the crossbow)

    Sig made by:Zeejay
    "Teamwork makes the dream work"-
    I am the #1 AC player across all platforms. Don't believe me? 1v1 AA newb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #110
    Senior Member LightRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,093
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty_glyphs View Post
    I don't have much of an opinion on this, but I'm fine with the decision. I think we should withhold a lot of judgment until we see the actual mechanic, because it doesn't sound like it will be identical to previous games. I always liked the Arkham games where you could manually aim, but the only things worth aiming at ended up being relatively sticky once your aim got near them. In games like Batman and Assassin's Creed, I personally don't want to spend too much of my time manually aiming.

    Also in Batman, I believe once you locked onto a moving person the reticule could change to other parts of their body besides their heads, meaning there was still some skill required to keep the reticule aimed at their head so you could knock them out. I'd like to see that for AC3, where perhaps if you don't manage the reticule properly or your prey moves too much, the reticule will switch to other parts of their body where shooting them wouldn't kill them but simply alert everyone to your presence. I could also imagine someone moving out of range of your weapon, thus losing the reticule and requiring you to sneak closer.

    For me, Assassin's Creed is fun because of the stalking of the prey before a relatively easy kill. If you don't properly approach them, your ranged weapons may become useless because other guards will start to attack you anyway, and your kill becomes more difficult. In Skyrim, hunting was fun, but the sneaking was a really basic and kind of lame mechanic of just crouching and walking slowly near animals while manually aiming at them. I would like to see the flipside of that in AC3, where the sneaking is a fully fleshed out mechanic forcing you to hunt animals from behind bushes or above them in trees, then having the final kill be a little more straightforward.
    I like this post.

    Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •