An important thing to remember is that it has to not be ridiculously difficult to animate. Such as furs, it would be kinda awkward to show Connor actually covering himself up in the furs when he landed.
could just be a safe landing and not a hiding spot.
- Large pile of snow (a lot of the leaked ACIII pictures show that there is snow)
- Water trough (either used by blacksmiths or for animals to drink from)
- Muck Heap (Horse poop, would stink but would probably be common where horses are used)
- Tree Trunks (It seems that ACIII will contain a lot of wild areas such as forests. A possible natural hiding spot could be hollow tree trunks or even hiding against them.
- Dead bodies (Where there is a big collection of dead bodies, such as a cart. He could pretend to be one of the bodies)