Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GR and Socom- similarities in clan wars? | Forums

Garrett I too hope that somehow, some way Ubi can expand the other gamemodes to include no respawn options(if they haven't already).

Saboutor no respawn would be an incredible gamemode and a socom fans wet dream.

There's no way for respawn to duplicate the heart racing feeling you get in a one life mode when the team is counting on you to pull something off in the last round.

*Just realized you said pretty much the exact same thing in another thread. Haha A lot of people expressing these feelings it seems.
    Last edited by B3ANTOWN_B3A5T; 04-07-2012 at 01:31 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

yeah I hope so man, It could be epic

I once read somewhere that "Socom Vets are the special forces of shooters". I completely agree lol, In socom i struggled to keep my K/D above a 1.50. Where in other games I keep a 2.0 K/D with ease. Respawn games just make it to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TactPro View Post
    I once read somewhere that "Socom Vets are the special forces of shooters". I completely agree lol, In socom i struggled to keep my K/D above a 1.50. Where in other games I keep a 2.0 K/D with ease. Respawn games just make it to easy.
    Socom was a struggle, it took skill to be good and I wonder why I get so bored with all other games?? its way to easy!!

In hindsight, there we so many mechanics in socom games that just worked right to make it fun and challenging. Honestly I wonder if any game will get their mechanics that right again.

3rd person with gun hot/gun cold to prevent camping
    Recoil systems
    one life no GL was the only way to play ranked
    mic system where the dead are separated from the living
    easily introduced clan systems
    weapons all being unlocked from the start
    Maps designed for certain game modes only
    guns and equipment for each side, both getting something different and unique
    real life scenario objectives in a fun enviornment
    best of 7 rounds
    weapon attachments/weight/armor working flawlessly
    bullets coming out of a gun instead of player forehead
    night/day variants
    ranked room majority kick options

among so very much more....

Socom was just perfect for a fun AND tactical online shooter, nothing felt unfair until the expansion for socom confrontation when the tilly was introduced. Then socom 4 destroyed the franchise so badly the dev team was disbanded entirely.

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.

Great list Hortey. Don't forget the server browser. You would think that something like gun hot/cold would be an insignificant feature, but it really helped move the game along.

Socom was like a solar eclipse, so many things came together to create an incredibly rare gaming experience and I have yet to see anyone even come close to duplicating it.

One more thought- an 11 round demo game could last almost an hour(not to mention OT), do you think the COD ADD generation of gamers these days would want to invest that much time into one game? I don't and thus the new gaming industry was born that has to give rewards for every little action and games very rarely last more than 10mins.

wow.. this forum has officially been handed over to the enemy.

You're looking at it all wrong dude. The enemy of your enemy is your friend. COD and the tacky respawn games that follow its mold are our real enemy. GR and Socom(excluding 4) are one in the same. Consequently, they SHOULD borrow certain things from eachother to enhance the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Lenney View Post
    wow.. this forum has officially been handed over to the enemy.
    1 IN THE SAME?! WHAT PLANET IS THIS?!? Gr and Socom have been lethal enemies since day one! And for good reason! Socom SUCKED

Troll much? If you even bothered to read the OP I was trying the gather info on how GR clan wars worked. I'm not trying to change your precious game so chill out. Despite what you seem to believe, a person can respect two franchises....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast