Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion]Weather effect | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Well, IMO to expect a big budget in this day and age for ANY pc game title is just wishful thinking. The PC game market just isn't very good. At all. If it's not internet-based, it's console-based. And Heroes is neither. But that's not a complaint for me. I understand that this is a business and that they've got to turn a profit or there's no sense in even bothering with it. And since PC games generate less income than other models, it only makes sense to be as careful with expenses as possible. But that doesn't excuse quality IMO. Or marketing. Or simple communication. But the beginning of this conversation was about bugs and features not working and such. And while Ubi approves/rejects the final results, it's the developers who are in charge of fixing said issues. And despite what many here seem to think, they're not scrapping the project. They are continuing to work on the game and the patches. I'm sure that for many of you those patches can't come soon enough, but I'm of the opinion that as long as they get it RIGHT, that's more important than speed.

[i]"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long f
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s View Post
    As for h6...they're fully committed to fixing everything from what I've heard. They've got a very comprehensive patching plan in place to fix everything and add new things. As usual, with a game this big and complex, the time schedule is never going to be accurate. But they are working on things to fix the game. They're not happy with the current state, they know the fans aren't happy with the current state and they certainly don't plan on leaving things as they currently are.
    That's just it though. You keep talking about patches. PATCHES!

That is not going to actually give us what we want which is basically a lot more factions, units, artifacts and such. Those things would probably only come with expansions and right now it looks like there is no hope for any of those. They won't give us these things for free in a patch and with BH being dead (you can say you misspoke all you want, Cepheus basically confirmed it as well) I see no hope for any expansions to this game. H6 as far as I'm concerned is dead without at least 2 expansion packs and 3-4 more factions.

Quote Originally Posted by KingImp View Post
    That's just it though. You keep talking about patches. PATCHES!

That is not going to actually give us what we want which is basically a lot more factions, units, artifacts and such. Those things would probably only come with expansions and right now it looks like there is no hope for any of those. They won't give us these things for free in a patch and with BH being dead (you can say you misspoke all you want, Cepheus basically confirmed it as well) I see no hope for any expansions to this game. H6 as far as I'm concerned is dead without at least 2 expansion packs and 3-4 more factions.
    Don't scream at me, I agree with you. I was very disappointed with the number of towns/artis/lack of spells/etc. However, I did like lots of things too.

In regards to expansions, I'll be flat out honest with you...I haven't heard a thing. Positive OR negative. And as for BH, no, it's not confirmed. Simply put, they're having big problems financially. How they'll deal with that, I don't know. Limbic is doing what they've always done, working on the game. Right now, it's the patches. But the fact that BH isn't working on the patches currently leaves me quite concerned whether they'll be involved moving forward (that's MY opinion...not fact). But I'll be shocked if they don't actually do expansions. Let me put it this way, if they don't do expansions...I don't see any way that they'll do a #7. But I still think we'll see expansions.

Regardless of the situations, I certainly don't foresee 3-4 more factions. 3 at the most maybe. I thought we'd see the 2 elvish factions for the first expansion pack and then the wizards for the 2nd one. But that's just me.
    Last edited by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s; 04-08-2012 at 05:37 PM.

[i]"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long f

Quote Originally Posted by C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s View Post
    Don't scream at me, I agree with you. I was very disappointed with the number of towns/artis/lack of spells/etc. However, I did like lots of things too.

In regards to expansions, I'll be flat out honest with you...I haven't heard a thing. Positive OR negative. And as for BH, no, it's not confirmed. Simply put, they're having big problems financially. How they'll deal with that, I don't know. Limbic is doing what they've always done, working on the game. Right now, it's the patches. But the fact that BH isn't working on the patches currently leaves me quite concerned whether they'll be involved moving forward (that's MY opinion...not fact). But I'll be shocked if they don't actually do expansions. Let me put it this way, if they don't do expansions...I don't see any way that they'll do a #7. But I still think we'll see expansions.

Regardless of the situations, I certainly don't foresee 3-4 more factions. 3 at the most maybe. I thought we'd see the 2 elvish factions for the first expansion pack and then the wizards for the 2nd one. But that's just me.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as screaming. If I did, I apologize.

It's just that all I keep hearing (not just from you, but others as well) is patch this/patch that. No one is even talking about expansions anymore.

Patches do nothing but fix a few bugs and maybe add some content. We need actual expansions to add on to this game and it's hard to see any future there with all the problems that are going on. They can't even get a patch out in a timely fashion, so how is one supposed to be optimistic about an expansion or two.

As for how many factions, I'm fine with just 3 to get us to 8 total. Any less though is unacceptable.

Don't worry about it.

Well, people sometime forget that this is a "prequel" to h5. I firmly believe that we need to get back to the h5 lineup. At least close to it. But I guess it depends on how far they want to advance the timeline.

As for the patch delay, yeah, there was a VERY legitimate reason for the delay. Considering I spilled the beans on Limbic, I'm not going to say what the reason was for the patch delay. Just suffice it to say that it was just unfortunate timing and unavoidable. But with the previous delay in starting the patching process combined with this current delay I certainly understand the frustration. Just remember, I'm a fan/player too...so I'm just as frustrated as you guys are (well, maybe not as much as you since I don't MP). I'm sure nobody wants to hear 'patience" anymore, but I simply don't know what else to suggest at this point.

Ah sarcasm comprehension..

- Elvin

@C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s I just wonder how you know some things that players don't? Are you also somehow in touch with the developers? If that is the case, thanks for sharing some information with us as the officials fail to do so.

Yes, I think it's pretty well known by now that I'm one of the fans iin the "vip" group that helps Ubi out since H5 which consists of mostly fan-site administrators or dedicated mapmakers and such. We as a group though are limited in what we can and can't say due to being under a NDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreed89 View Post
    @C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s I just wonder how you know some things that players don't? Are you also somehow in touch with the developers? If that is the case, thanks for sharing some information with us as the officials fail to do so.
    I agree. It´s funny that we have to resort to this channel of communication as our source for relevant information, though. But, OTOH, I understand if Ubi is being cautious with what it says publicly considering how much expectation they create when they promise something and, subsequently, how much anger erupts when they fail to deliver. I'm fine with that restraint as long as it doesn't translate as completely losing contact like we're used to, and as long as, when they announce something with deadlines, they actually fulfill it in due time and form.

But it´s certainly welcome and helps quench some of the anxiety. Thank you.

Edit: Forgot to quote.

Just read the whole topic and cba to look for the actual phrase to quote. Sorry.

From what I read a while ago, when H6 was announced, Nival stated that they were asked to develop H6, but as they weren't told in advance, by that time they already signed a contract to develop some MMO. Nival isn't that big a company to develop two major projects simultaneously, so they had to refuse. In other words, Nival wanted to develop H6, but Ubisoft didn't plan its development ahead and sought a developer to start H6 development right away. Thus Ubisoft signed contract with Black Hole.

I patiently wait for the upcoming patches to finish the campaign. But even more I wish the expansion to be released. Finally, with the factions I like, with new spells and game balance, with the level of polish the expansions of H5 had. H5 TotE is imo the best in the franchise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast