Thread: Assassin's Creed I - Flag collection - HELP! | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed I - Flag collection - HELP!

I have arrived at Assassin's Creed 1!

I have only had my PS3 a short time and Assassins Creed always appealed to me. So much so that I wanted to start the story from the very beginning - so I managed to get a copy of Assassin's Creed 1!

I'm a long way from finishing but there is one flag I cannot seem to get at. It's in the Roman Ruins atop a column. There are actually 2 flags atop 2 different columns. I managed to get the one by jumping from another column but I can't seem to jump to access the top of the other column at all.

Any tips?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Try this> You have to reach the limit of the huge arch, after being on the top, you have to jump to the nearest column, after that jump to the column with the flag using the grap ledge ability. Remember you need to get the Grab Ledge ability in memory block 4.

cant remember any roman ruins in AC1

I eventually got back to the Roman Ruins at last!

Using the online interactive maps, which have been a great source of help, and your suggestions, tips and recommendations, I have now managed to collect all the flags available in the three cities, Masyaf and the Kingdom, including the difficult one in the Roman Ruins.

It was just as you said, I used the Grab facility and I did it first time!

I am now at the Plains of Arsuf and what a pig this is!

You know its not fair - ten Crusaders onto one Assassin in a space no bigger than a boxing ring! I must have attempted it about 30 times now and still can't beat them. Its as though my controller is just to slow in reacting. On one of the attempts I managed to nullify seven of them but it left me extremely weak and vulnerable. If there was somewhere to run and hide for a while to recover and resynchronise it would help.

Any body got any tips for this bit of the game then?

It would be interesting to find out how many attepts everyone has made to achieve just getting to have a scrap with Robert De Sable!

I'm resting my hands and wrists for a few days as I am getting a bit of RSI !

That fight is a pain. You really need to use counterattack to get through it. Also, move -- if they are standing surrounding you, things will go badly. Moving, you can limit the number of people attacking you at once. Also, if one goes down, do a fast shift to the hidden blade for a kill, then back to the sword (countering with the hidden blade in AC1 is too tight a window to use that as your primary).

It usually takes me 2 or 3 tries to get through that one -- one mistake can get you killed.

Hi Kytr,

I am pleased to say that I have completed the game!

Despite the problems i was experiencing I got through the 10 against 1 battle and beat Robert De Sable.

One thing that really annoyed me was that my Altaiir kept changing to the short balde without me asking him to when I really wanted him to stay with the sword. Have you noticed that happening?

I have now loaded up AC2 and have gone through all the preliminary stuff but had to shut down on orders from "she who will be obeyed" just as I was heading off for his girlfriends bedroom (ha ha!).

I am really looking forward to getting into this one after going through the very impressive introduction.

Where's the best place to get help if, (sorry, when) I need it? Is there as much independant backup for this sequel?

Barney,
    Congratulations on finishing the game.

I never had a problem with the first game swaping weapons on me. Later ones keep forcing you to the sword after cut-scenes, which is very irritating when you want the hidden blade or knives for the speed.

The later games have more help available than the first -- videos are all over youtube for one thing. Also, it is much easier to find things, since almost everything is mapped.

The later games all have much more content than the first. I do want to know how it is that Ezio is the only person in Italy who can swim.
    Last edited by Kytr; 06-20-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: blasted tab key function