Page 7 of 230 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Future AC Titles | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Ok, really, anyone who hasn't accepted by now that the game is set during the AR, you have no hope. We've known since way before it was announced. We knew the game would have to move forward chronologically a t least a couple hundred years to a relevant point in time. We knew New York would play a major role. We knew they had to bring Desmond's heritage to the USA. Did anyone seriously think they were going to go backwards in time? Really?

Japan and Egypt are overdone for these kinds of games. I won't say that about WW2, because A) there is SO much that has never been covered in any WW2 form of media (any of you guys fought the Nazi's in Alaska yet? No?) B) The game would be very different from a traditional WW2 game in terms of story.

So I think that should be an option someday. The series, at some point, is going to have to have a revamping to keep it going anyways, and that may be a great way to do it. In my mind, it would play in some respects like AC3 will, having to be quick and stealthy in some scenarios, and others where you find yourself right in the midst of an explosive battle, sprinting across the rooftops of a town while it's being shelled with artillery fire, with soldiers trying to take you out as you make way for your target, but with modernized controls and features (along with a few oldies) Besides, it'd be cool to go to Italy one more time and see if Ezio may have a few more secrets to give in the same way Altair did in AC2.
    -*The Poster Formally Known As JSF-89, Total Posts:678*-
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Perk89 View Post
    Ok, really, anyone who hasn't accepted by now that the game is set during the AR, you have no hope. We've known since way before it was announced. We knew the game would have to move forward chronologically a t least a couple hundred years to a relevant point in time. We knew New York would play a major role. We knew they had to bring Desmond's heritage to the USA. Did anyone seriously think they were going to go backwards in time? Really?

Japan and Egypt are overdone for these kinds of games. I won't say that about WW2, because A) there is SO much that has never been covered in any WW2 form of media (any of you guys fought the Nazi's in Alaska yet? No?) B) The game would be very different from a traditional WW2 game in terms of story.

So I think that should be an option someday. The series, at some point, is going to have to have a revamping to keep it going anyways, and that may be a great way to do it. In my mind, it would play in some respects like AC3 will, having to be quick and stealthy in some scenarios, and others where you find yourself right in the midst of an explosive battle, sprinting across the rooftops of a town while it's being shelled with artillery fire, with soldiers trying to take you out as you make way for your target, but with modernized controls and features (along with a few oldies) Besides, it'd be cool to go to Italy one more time and see if Ezio may have a few more secrets to give in the same way Altair did in AC2.
    the options you suggested could be used for Japan and Egypt as well...

Quote Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx View Post
    I already said this in another thread and I'll say it again here:

"WW2/Japan/Egypt are boring..." says the guy who is about to release a game whose setting is the USA...

not that I'm against AC3 taking place in the USA but IMO this setting is far away from being the coolest or most original setting of the world (all the complaints and worries about the game being set in USA speak for themselves)... IMO Egypt is way better than USA, maybe not to follow the current events in the modern days, but as a setting I believe it would be...
    True about America being used in a lot of games, but you can't possibly compare the American Revolution time period to say(All the GTA games, Resident Evil 1,2,3, Saints Row, ect) The America that we'll see in AC 3 has never been featured in any recent game of note. Name me one blockbuster game that takes place during the American Revolution.

I want Egypt myself for a future AC game. Preferably during the mid 1800's. However I can't see how anyone can honestly believe that the American Revolution is unoriginal.

I mean the market is swimming with games set during this period and covering the American Revolution(heavy sarcasm).
    "Let the Assassin's fight their own battles. I'm here for the British" -What everyone seems to hear.

!Live by Honour.Kill by Stealth!

Quote Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx View Post
    the options you suggested could be used for Japan and Egypt as well...

We are talking about a total revamp of the series when the time comes. Neither ancient Egypt or fuedal Japan provide the ability to do that, because they lack the historical context to do so. It would be too similar to AC1-minus a lot of cool Assassin tech in Egpyt's case (and no, simply revamping weapons isn't revamping the series) and more of the same ninja stuff we've seen with other Japanese games that fall into that time period.

WW2 would make a great fit for a new kind of AC game, when the time comes where that is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by albertwesker22 View Post
    True about America being used in a lot of games, but you can't possibly compare the American Revolution time period to say(All the GTA games, Resident Evil 1,2,3, Saints Row, ect) The America that we'll see in AC 3 has never been featured in any recent game of note. Name me one blockbuster game that takes place during the American Revolution.

I want Egypt myself for a future AC game. Preferably during the mid 1800's. However I can't see how anyone can honestly believe that the American Revolution is unoriginal.

I mean the market is swimming with games set during this period and covering the American Revolution(heavy sarcasm).
    If you try to find the wiki page for what happened during the mid-1800's in Egypt, it doesn't exist. They have one for every other decade, but not the middle. I can't for the life of me figure out what would be appealing about that time period.

In fact, I'll take you to the link so you can see for yourself just unappealing 19th century Egypt is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ntury_in_Egypt

No disrespect to you, but after skimming I can't find a single thing there that has any draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Perk89 View Post
    If you try to find the wiki page for what happened during the mid-1800's in Egypt, it doesn't exist. They have one for every other decade, but not the middle. I can't for the life of me figure out what would be appealing about that time period.

In fact, I'll take you to the link so you can see for yourself just unappealing 19th century Egypt is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...ntury_in_Egypt

No disrespect to you, but after skimming I can't find a single thing there that has any draw.
    A game set from say 1860 to 1900 could work.

I'm sure if Ubisoft did a game in Egypt in the mid to late 1800's, they would have better sources than Wikipedia. If there is history there, then the AC team can make it work.

Take a look at these sites http://www.maritimeheritage.org/ports/egypt.html

http://www.historyguy.com/wars_of_egypt.html

http://colonialwarfare18901975.devhu...abi-rebellion/

The fact that the time period is not as well documented as others, just gives the team more creative freedom, which is a good thing in my book.

Seems like there is enough events to build a game on, decent characters, both historical and just random npc's. A nice mix of cultures, political intrigue ect.

Stating how unappealing 19th century Egypt is, based on limited wikipedia articles, seems like selective bias. It certainly doesn't seem unappealing to me.
    "Let the Assassin's fight their own battles. I'm here for the British" -What everyone seems to hear.

Thank god they're totally against those time periods. They're terrible ideas for an AC game.

Quote Originally Posted by teroristu08 View Post
    +1 is very corect
    but i have i question
    were you hide in desert?
    Why would you even go to the desert? Everyone and everything except some of the tombs and ruins are on the banks of the Nile.

Thank you LordWolv, a.k.a. Isaac500, for the awesome new sig and avatar! They look friggin amazing!
    You're wrong! You've always been wrong and you always will be. Also, you're ugly and you don't have any friends!
    ...or you're right.
    Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.

Yea, and besides, it's true Japan may be "unexplored" but still, meh, it's overdone. Also, the guy saying the new creative director is steering it away from asian setting, India isn't Asian? WTF? There is no need for this to degrade into a racial debate.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bfi_97 View Post
    Yea, and besides, it's true Japan may be "unexplored" but still, meh, it's overdone. Also, the guy saying the new creative director is steering it away from asian setting, India isn't Asian? WTF? There is no need for this to degrade into a racial debate.
    My thoughts exactly. If the AC team was racist, we would never have had Altair.

Page 7 of 230 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast