Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no good reason infinite pistol magazines should be present in SC6 | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

There is no good reason infinite pistol magazines should be present in SC6

Can we all agree to this? It's not like it proves how "badass" he is; Mark and Execute, sure, fine, whatever, but what the heck does Sam having a never-ending stash of pistol magazines prove? Notable games like Call of Duty and Battlefield and Resident Evil don't do anything like this, so pressure couldn't have been a factor in Ubisoft coming to the conclusion that they came to. Is it an abridged way of showing how he's so adapt with his signature Five-seveN that he can scavenge ammo for it on a whim, similar to how the pistol also has the highest available marks to use? Well, OK, but why does this also apply for other pistols?

Some who frequent these forums posit that, because this is a stealth game, the player is not supposed to be shooting much, so this is a non-issue. Alright, but why doesn't this logic apply for the rest of the weaponry available? If it's because of balance, then there should be no infinite ammo of any kind. And why not limit pistol ammunition if players aren't expected to go on a shooting frenzy? They won't be bothered that there's a limit to their shooting if they are indeed playing stealthily, and it will lend the next installment a little more air of realism and further refine gameplay balance.

So yeah, I see zero reason for Ubisoft to continue this practice.
    Last edited by newhenpal; 04-05-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

People have to look for themself if they have enough bullets in their weapons. I don't think that people are that dumb that they cannot count how much bullets they need to kill all enemies they marked. So, yeah, it's clearly that there is no reason to have infinite bullets. The gamers will have to face the consequences if they do the mistake to use M&E without any bullets in their ammo clip.

It was an easy way to solve the M&E and Ammo problem. Since M&E was a core gameplay which entailed the use of guns they had to come up with a way to allow the player to always have the ability regardless of ammo state. They probably felt that the player being unable to execute would break the flow of the game, especially if you consider the pace of Conviction.
    But in doing so they lost one tactical aspect...that of managing ammo to ensure you can execute.

I wish they make it so that pistols can have upto 3-5 mags. Plus whats the point of PEC and upgrading your equipment stats when your ammo count remains unchanged

BTW has anyone tried to execute 3 guards with only 2 in the clip?

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

@ shobhit7777777: Yes I tried it. Before he begins to execute he reloads so he has a full clip again.

@Andre

Well, I am impressed.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I can agree with it. Limited pistol ammo would promote conservation gameplay, adding another layer esentially, especially with M&E, instead of being able to run around and M&E as often as you please. With the pack out slots, a player could choose extra pistol mags if they wanted to improve their M&E capacity, like a skill. Allowing for a little more frequency.
    The only counter point I have is that without an ample/infinite amount of pistol ammo available, speed runs wouldn't be SO speedy.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSage View Post
    The only counter point I have is that without an ample/infinite amount of pistol ammo available, speed runs wouldn't be SO speedy.
    I don't think this will be much of a problem. People could do speedruns without shooting that much. You can also see this on speedruns for shooters where you would think they will need a few clips to get through the whole level.

I too agree about the whole unlimited thing, it actually gets on my nerve, and to be fair BF, MoH, COD do suffer from the same, I mean come on a rifle with 300/500 spare bullet !!!, how the hell can a man carry all that around !!!

As for SC I totally see the point, and with having weapon stashes around which is equally not good, having a limited ammo shouldn't be a problem, but I think developer should use difficulty to these kinda of a thing, I mean why not have realistic difficulty without health Reg, or unlimited Ammo, if you get shot 3 bullets you are dead, no med kits, nothing, and if you go on action hero and your weapons run out, well you can always take someone's else weapon, but on normal have Reg Health and Unlimited Ammo, I really don't understand why developer uses difficulty setting for such a thing.

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

The great part about Splinter Cell was that you had to use what you were given at the beginning of the mission to complete your objectives. Basically you are unstoppable with a single pistol because you can pull ammo out of your *** which just doesn't strike me as Splinter Celly.

How sc6 should be.

Conviction was OK so was assassins creed, but there not splinter cell, patients and puzzles, not in conviction. just a child’s game that anyone can play. no skills, no modern day ninja antics, stupid a completely different game. i spit at it for even calling itself splinter cell, assassin cell would have been better. and even a civilian can get some pretty cool gadgets so what does he get… a broken mirror of a car. seriously i even have a snake cam. and its funny how the older he gets the faster and more bad *** he can move. they just need to get the team that did splintercell chaos theory back together and pay them more and give them more time. that will be a powerhouse game. DON’T FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast