Thread: Ubiart Framework | Forums

Rayman Legends - Twitch highlights with Michel Ancel and the Dev Team

Rayman Legends Next Gen Launch Trailer [UK]

Legends trailer | Rayman Legends [UK]

Launch trailer | Rayman Legends [UK]

Ubiart Framework

It was earlier announced when Rayman Origin was announced that the engine could be donwloaded (for free?) and others could make games with it. What happened with that? Is it still coming? Decided not to do so? I'd love to get my hands on that engine to make my own platformer .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Smile

That is a question I would like to know the answer too as well. Some people say that Ubisoft may be obliged to give the source out for free as they got a goverment grant to make the engine, dedicated to supporting the arts. Since its to promote the arts and its effictively public funding they may have to give it out for free.
    But thats just what some people are saying.

An update would be nice though, for us to know what is happening. Cause the engine seems pretty amazing.

yeah i was looking for that engine too, its still not released as i see(( shame

Has there been any more news about this. I find it interesting that I cant find anything about it online.

Could this engine be used to create RPG's like Baldur's gate 2 , Planescepe torment ?