I wrote them to their noobish tech support and the robot named Jameson said:
Response Via Email (Jason) 12/28/2011 18:12
Please follow these instructions to troubleshoot what exactly is causing your connection issue:
- Please make sure that you are entering the key exactly as it appears, including the dashes. Also, note that after the first 3 characters in the CD key, there will not be any ‘I’, ‘O’, ‘S’, or ‘Z’ alphabetical characters.
- Please make sure that you have all of the available patches for the game installed. You can download patches for all Ubisoft games from our website at http://support.ubi.com in the game patches section.
- If you are using Windows XP, please make sure that the default firewall is disabled. (Please refer to your Windows XP documentation on how to disable this feature). If you have any other type of firewall software installed, please make sure that it is configured to allow access for the game that you are playing, or disabled. Mcafee Personal Firewall and Norton Firewall are the exceptions, if you have either of these software packages installed, then will need to be completely uninstalled before running the game.
- If you have a router in your home network, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed for that device. Your router manufacturer should be able to help you complete this update.
- In addition, the following ports will need to be open in your router or any firewall software you may be running:
27632, 32500 TCP & UDP
Also, please note that placing the computer into the "DMZ" via your router's configuration will not solve this problem; you MUST manually configure these port settings.
If you are unsure of how ports work then best course of action would be to contact your system administrator or ISP for more information.
Such a useless answer as usual! I played this game 2-3 years and my ports and everything are fine as everyone's! They just shut down the master server to economy on us! Idiots, even don't want to spend another 50 bucks to maintain their server.
I suggested them that I ill maintain it fro free by myself but they never answer properly!