Thread: Ubishop - paying via PayPal without a credit card? | Forums

Ubishop - paying via PayPal without a credit card?

Hello,
    first of all, this is the first time I'm posting here, so if that's the wrong directory, I'm sorry.
    On to my question:
    I'm from Austria and I just tried to order the Assassin's Creed III Freedom Edition from the UbiShop.
    I don't have a credit card, so using PayPal is the only option I have... that's what I thought.
    I have my bank account linked to PayPal, so I though that should work just fine. But it doesn't.
    When I want to pay, I'm taken to a page where I should log in with my PayPal account. Did so...
    and then it shows a page where I'm supposed to enter my credit card details. And there's absolutely
    no option to simply use my bank account. So... is that even possible? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi there,

If your trying to use PayPal as a payment method, and want to use a bank account, you need to set up the account with Pay Pal first.

When you sign up to PayPal, you have the option of linking it to a bank account, you do this on your pal pay account page.

This can take a few days, since they deposit a small amount of money, which you need to verify with the pay pal site.

You should contact pay pal support, if you have other questions, since they will be able to help you better than I can.

Thanks for the quick reply. But I have already linked and verified my account. It's just - how do I actually pay then? It only shows me the option to enter credit card details, and my PayPal account doesn't show anything either :/

If its not showing the option to use your pay pal account alone - I would contact the ubishop support.

Ubishop may not allow a Paypal purchase linked to your bank account if your Paypal account is not from the US. I've once run into an online transaction (not from Ubishop) where the merchant couldn't accept my Paypal account because it wasn't US-based. Hopefully that isn't the case here. If so, just buy a prepaid Visa or Mastercard (although the activation fee sucks).

Quote Originally Posted by shiroyukinohim View Post
    Ubishop may not allow a Paypal purchase linked to your bank account if your Paypal account is not from the US. I've once run into an online transaction (not from Ubishop) where the merchant couldn't accept my Paypal account because it wasn't US-based. Hopefully that isn't the case here. If so, just buy a prepaid Visa or Mastercard (although the activation fee sucks).
    Alright, thanks. I'll wait for a reply from support, and if that's the case, I'll sadly have to go with the Join or Die edition (the Freedom Edition is exclusive to GameStop and Ubishop... and GameStop won't ship here :c).