Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a solution for multiplayer crashes | Forums

I have a solution for multiplayer crashes

I've read the thread with the multiplayer crashing all the time and I have also had a problem, where when I went to my friends list, the game crashed. However I saw only one other guy in the thread to have this same problem. My solution was to delete some people; I just simply had too many friends.

Maybe this affects also other things in your guys' cases. And maybe it helps, at least it did for me!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I also had this problem, what you have to do is simply remember some of your friends' names, add them to the blacklist, and then delete some friends.
    HOWEVER, when I tried that, while deleting friends, my game suddenly crashed, and then every time I tried to enter the MP, my game froze. So this "fix" actually made it worse.

This is so dumb. This issue is happening for so many people, and this game is out for over 6 months already, and nothing is done about it. I'm trying to think if Ubisoft really want to lose customers that hard. I actually paid for this game to get access to the multiplayer, but I actually paid for something that isn't even working - I could've just went and pirated the game, that would solve all the problem. And the support isn't helping either - all they keep telling me is that I should update my drivers and close background programs. Seriously, I'm getting sick of this.

I know what you mean, I see a lot of people complaining...

What I suggest is just to add people you want to play with and people who you like as players. For me at least now everything works perfect, no crashes or anything. Just deleted some people.

PS: I'm playing on Mac.

You are playing on Mac? So they haven't learnt their lesson with the PC version? How sad...

Also, if I would've known that that would happen I woul've done that before.

And do you know if Mac and PC players can play MP together?

As far as I know the Mac version is just a ported version of the PC version!

And yes, the multiplayer is the same for mac and PC which, well... means mac players are playing against PC players, and PC players against mac players

I have heard of the solution in the first past, certain MotoGP games would do this if you had a full friend's list, this would also affect the leaderboards loading.

By the way is the game crashing when the lobby is full and when you try and start the game? I also found this with another game and the way we got around this was to limit the amount of people in the lobby.
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 04-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    I have heard of the solution in the first past, certain MotoGP games would do this if you had a full friend's list, this would also affect the leaderboards loading.

By the way is the game crashing when the lobby is full and when you try and start the game? I also found this with another game and the way we got around this was to limit the amount of people in the lobby.
    Well, as I mentioned in one of my posts, the crash-when-entering-friends-list bug, is just as it is - when you enter the friends list the game just crashes. It seems to happen, and I'm sure about it, when you have a certain number of friends.

Also, there's another bug, the worst of them all - when I enter the multiplayer, the menu just appears for 2 seconds (where the challenger is driving around and u can freeride) and suddenly it freezes, and I can only reboot my PC, so MP is not working at all. it happens for a lot of people, from different reasons I suppose, but for me it happened when I was trying to fix the friend list bug - I was just deleting a few friends, then the game froze, and after that, every time I tried to enter MP, it just froze 2 secs after the menu appeared

OK thanks, I have passed on the information to the developers it certainly sounds the same issue.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Are you still working for Ubisoft Ubi-Mush? I feel sorry for you.

I have tried to get help with the multiplayer freeze issue since September 2011. Last I heard is that I am getting a new key, but I haven't seen any yet. If you ever see one of the people responsible for the lack of support, will you kick their **** Ubi-Mush (or their teeth, whatever you prefer) for me?

About the friend list. I think I only have 2 friends on my list in this game. One of them has the exact same problem as me, the other one I don't know (don't remember his name either). How can we delete friends in the friends list if the game crashes as soon as it enters multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilworm1 View Post
    Are you still working for Ubisoft Ubi-Mush? I feel sorry for you.

I have tried to get help with the multiplayer freeze issue since September 2011. Last I heard is that I am getting a new key, but I haven't seen any yet. If you ever see one of the people responsible for the lack of support, will you kick their **** Ubi-Mush (or their teeth, whatever you prefer) for me?

About the friend list. I think I only have 2 friends on my list in this game. One of them has the exact same problem as me, the other one I don't know (don't remember his name either). How can we delete friends in the friends list if the game crashes as soon as it enters multiplayer?
    I don't think it should be said like that, but I agree with you in some way - about the support - they never help me, and I also contacted them about the multiplayer freeze issue and the lags since sep 2011. The way I see it they just like to irritate their customers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast