Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing release date, confirming PC version and a multiplayer beta | Forums

Exactly, but cod is pure mp focused, so it wil take longer to make r6 or ghost recon. But 5 years just means that at least 2 years were wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_monier View Post
    Just to let ya know, GTA isn't coming out March, you probably meant Max Payne 3, also Ghost Warrior 2 got delayed to Q2 (the 1st one was kinda good, the 2nd may turn out even better, just not on the realistic side if that's what you want), and you forgot to mention Ninja Gaiden 3, Silent Hill HD Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, but yeah March is the worse month ever, I mean what's with all these big releases ?!

I think for Ubi it was the best move to make, I hope nothing turns to be released in May, it's not about GRFS being a tactical shooter, it is about the big releases, and since Ubi want to attract more people and make more fans, they will be looking for a better window (which is May), I always thought it would happen, now GRFS may break the 2 million sold unites mark
    there is nothing coming out in april at all according to the sites i use. is April considered bad luck for game releases? surely having the only release for the month would be worth something

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiskune View Post
    there is nothing coming out in april at all according to the sites i use. is April considered bad luck for game releases? surely having the only release for the month would be worth something
    most people wouldn't be able to get all these games coming out in March, so they will buy some on April, while in May it is almost nothing

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Bassie52 View Post
    Exactly, but cod is pure mp focused, so it wil take longer to make r6 or ghost recon. But 5 years just means that at least 2 years were wasted.
    GRAW2 was released one year after GRAW1; R6 Vegas 2 one year and four months after R6 Vegas 1.

Ubi definitely has the man power to release a GR/R6 title every two years at least, best would be alternating R6 and GR like EA is doing now with BF and MoH.

Community Manager Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jssport View Post
    Ok then ....

If Ubi wants some credibility back then answer this:

What is the TRUE REASON for this latest delay ?
    The true reason is the one in the first post of this thread. The developers want to ensure the game is of the highest standards when it is released.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

UK Forum Manager Emeritus kleaneasy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuchsXSX View Post
    Hi kleaneasy,

nice to hear you !

A few weeks ? That´s nearly a full 3-months delay.
    Really? What was the last release date was given? I thought it was end March, early April?
    Either way, I stand by my point, in comparison to how long we’ve waited so far it’s a drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by FuchsXSX View Post
    It´s really hard to stay loyal to the GR/R6 series when all we get are delays, years of waiting and promises which are obsolete when the time comes (belongs to the GR team in the first place).

Sure it´s great that they´ll want to polish the game, but why not release the beta ?

What about the future of the GR series ? I remember an interview (back in 2010) one of the Ubi chiefs saying they want to release their GR/R6 titles more often (ala Activision).

Is that still true ? If so, will the gameplay be changed again ?

Please take a look at MeanMFs thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ete(-)-history

So, are the actual statements of Mr Lacey credible this time ?

You see my point ?

I mean it must be a dream to be a CoD fan; they know they´ll get every year a new one (with tons of (expensive) dlc) while the series stays true to its basic gameplay.
    Yeh I remember that being said, but I also remember how many people weren’t happy with the idea and thought it would see the series diluted into a constant stream of titles with barely any upgrade from the previous

As to what’s true now, I’m not the person to ask, I know as much as you guys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    The true reason is the one in the first post of this thread. The developers want to ensure the game is of the highest standards when it is released.
    If you want to become a competent insulation layer for the rear exit of your CEO, you at the very least need to avoid obvious mistakes when you write ''official PR statements''.

For instance, everyone knows that developers have no say on the release date of a game. That kind of decision comes from upper management, with advices from the marketing department. Moreover, as obviously demonstrated by its sad track record, Ubisoft has never been bothered by the quality of its games, except when a particular game has a good probability to reach many many more than 2 million copies, such as Assassin's Creed for instance. As far as GRFS is concerned, Ubisoft knows that this game will be lucky to reach 2 millions sales.

And now you want us to believe that the devs have got the okay from upper management to spend even more time and money on the development hell that this game is?

My ***!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post

uhhh.. that's the same excuse you gave us two years ago, ....

and that's the excuse you gave us six months ago ...

and that's the excuse you gave us last week ...

and that's the same excuse you're giving us now ????

why does Ubi even hire PR people, you could just reference a one line quote and link to it for each and every question asked

what needed more work to justify all the delays, that's what we want to know

step up Mush
    Last edited by jssport; 01-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Most recent delay

I have a sneaking (no pun intended) suspicion that the delay is because of two things.. ironing out any bugs with Kinect compatibility and avoiding the March release flood. There ARE quite a few A titles coming out in March. I'm just kinda bent that we have to wait again, yes it's only two more months but it's been how long? six years? I'm praying that GRFS doesn't turn out to be like GRAW and GRAW 2.. honestly those were crap games. They completely abandoned the game play of GR 2 and Summit Strike, the two games that got me into shooters to start with.

@ FuchsXSX; Vegas 2 and advanced warfighter 2 are sequels and almost exactly the same as part 1. Easy money

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast