Thread: Is anybody actually unable to play Driver: SF ? | Forums

Is anybody actually unable to play Driver: SF ?

Hi, you may have noticed my previous thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-after-an-hour

but considering that was more of an in-game problem for the topic, might I just ask.. Is anybody here having problems just trying to START Driver: San Francisco?

If you cannot launch the game for whatever reason, post here. I used to be able to, but now I don't know why I can't. I re-install Windows 7, and all the following games work just fine:

Assassin's Creed (just to test)
    Assassin's Creed II (just to test)
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    DiRT 3
    DiRT 2 (just to test)
    F1 2010 (just to test)
    F1 2011
    Battlefield 3
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Need for Speed The Run
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) (just to test)
    Need for Speed SHIFT 2: Unleashed (the first was just too bad to put back on here) (just to test)
    GTR 2
    GTR Evolution / Race 07 / STCC The Game / Race On
    Volvo The Game (just to test)
    Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising (just to test)
    Operation Flashpoint Red River
    ArmA II / ArmA II Operation Arrowhead / ArmA II: Private Military Company / ArmA II: Combined Operations (Various DLCs I bought later)
    Resident Evil 5
    NHL 09 (I'm working on an absolutely insane mod for this game, that's the only reason)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution / Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link (DLC)
    Medal of Honor Limited Edition (just to test)

All the games listed run just fine (and almost all the ones I have) and I think it's safe to say that this is not a system-related issue but a game-related bug.

Might I just add that I am not a Windows n00b or anything. I actually do quite a bit of software development regarding GNU/Linux and open source software and I think know how to configure a system and work my way through the Windows registry...

System specs:

CPU = AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (Upgrading to AMD FX 4100 soon)
    Video Card = AMD RadeonHD 6950 (Upgrading to RadeonHD 7870 GHz Edition soon)
    Memory = Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
    Motherboard = ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    Audio card = ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI Express x1
    OS = Windows 7 x86_64 SP1

Thanks!
    Last edited by neotheuser; 04-01-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added DXHR The Missing Link and SHIFT 2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi, have you contacted technical support?
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    Hi, have you contacted technical support?
    Yes I have, however unlike EA who will lie to your face, Ubisoft is very honest with it's customers and he said that he'll make a note to the developers however, only bugs that a lot of people are experiencing will only be fixed, as I'm just one person and it's more of a popularity contest. Your customer support team is actually great, EA will give you some stupid excuse and tell you to get lost basically. Hate them Elektronik Azzez :P

Oh! Last night I turn my computer off, go to sleep, turn it on, now Driver works just fine and without any problems. This game is so consistent.. I've restarted my system many times yesterday, but now it works just fine. As long as it works!
    Last edited by neotheuser; 04-01-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Iv been suffering this loading problem for some week iv even today uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    Iv done the same by testing other games and again im not a windows noob but this is bugging the heck out of me
    Launching via Uplay in on-line and off-line modes, hitting play in Uplay results in the same not loading issue
    well i say not loading,,,, it kind of is but after 15 minuets waiting the Ubisoft Cinematic finally stutters in at a painfully slow rate
    Unfortunately i have no patience to wait to see what happens when the UBI cinematic finally load
    I have a feeling that somewhere in the latest patch is a fault that doesn't like the .bik cinematic

Edit: i have removed the cinematic to skip time, it now seems that the whole game is in a state of lag..... i managed to get to the title screen after 10 minuets wait if extreme lag
    Last edited by ripbox; 05-16-2012 at 09:11 PM.