Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what will Mitchell be like in FS? | Forums

So what will Mitchell be like in FS?

Anyone asked themselves this question? If you haven't played GRAW 2 and plan to before Future Soldier comes out, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER. I just finished GRAW 2 and I wonder what Mitchell is going to be like in future soldier, not just older but if we see him he might be burnt, mutilated, or even in a wheelchair because of the end of GRAW2.

Aside from that, I hope that future soldier makes all the campaign missions highly replayable and difficult in future soldier. Take OFP dragon rising for example, the first missions were just as hard as the ending missions because they knew every mission was going to be played in coop over and over. In GRFS we don't have a regular coop thing so we have to play the campaign coop for non horde zerg wave defense missions (which aren't bad, but I like objective modes besides staying alive). In GRAW 2 I noticed as I played that the action and difficulty really scaled up as you went. ACT 1 were simple, small levels with lower enemy counts and easy objectives, act 2 was more open and difficult and in act 3 that's when you were really put to the test in game. I hope that all the GR levels are just as long, involved, and challenging from first to last so that people aren't just playing the last couple missions in coop over and over.

I really hope suggestions aren't given as much in FS as they were in GRAW2 either. I was constantly being told where to go and what kind of weapon to use until it was at the point of COD games TBH. "RAMIREZ, PICK UP THAT JAVELIN"

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Scott Mitchell isn't going to be in FS.

Quote Originally Posted by FistyMcBfPunch View Post
    Scott Mitchell isn't going to be in FS.
    I think he is in it, but as a CO or something. He will be giving commands from back at HQ or something like that.

If you read the new(ish) Ghost Recon book, you will see what happends to Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Maher21 View Post
    I think he is in it, but as a CO or something. He will be giving commands from back at HQ or something like that.

Yea, Mitchell in FS is a commander or something now instead of a captain.... he leads the ghosts. Isn't he overlord?

Also, what book are you talking about? Is tom Clancy still making GR books that tie in with the games that he doesn't even make anymore and are only coming out with TC on them because they bought his name?

If you want to be respected, fight fair. If you want to win, do what is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Maher21 View Post

Im am going to start the book soon.

Hmm I looked into it, you guys are talking about the books by David Micheals I guess. Sounds like it's not up to par with the old TC GR books as they aren't the first hand look into the special forces community that TC books made themselves out to be. Lots of people saying that they are simplified and innacurate (much like a videogame) and have pretty shameless advertisements for knives and equipment thrown in them. Might be fun to read to get some backstory on GRFS, but I dunno.
    Last edited by Hortey; 04-01-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Wow, what was crazy to read were some of the reviews for tom clancy's book. There's one guy in the Rainbow 6 book review section who is talking about terrorism and counter terrorist groups talking about there are people out there trying to inhibit our freedoms by any means necessary.... guy was living in New York, his review dated late august 2001...

I think I read somewhere that the old squad dies at the beginning of this game and FS is a whole new squad of Ghosts.

Didn't Mitchell die at the end of GRAW 2?

I thought he'd taken the back seat after the finale of GRAW2 he did get beaten up pretty bad by that airstrike. EndWar saw Mitchel becoming a 3 star general and overall commander of the JSF. as Future Soldier is set mid 2020s and there has been no official announcement of EndWar being declared non-canon I'd wager he's gone up in the ranks to take over general Keating's role.

I'd have liked to see Future soldier being the missing link between the end of Ghost Recon and that start of the third world war but we have seen no mention of the European Federation (which federalized in 2018) or the Joint Strike Force (unknown founding date).
    Last edited by Kaiskune; 04-01-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Viam inveniam aut faciam...
    I shall find a way or make one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast